Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

own nav 12-11-2016 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2260795)
Short of going management, you'd have to have some serious things on your record to stay long term as a line pilot. You cannot compare AMF to other career jobs in aviation.

Fishing or assuming again? Either way you got nothing. You don't get it, and I don't expect you to.

Jetlife 12-11-2016 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 2260813)
Fishing or assuming again? Either way you got nothing. You don't get it, and I don't expect you to.

I know that offends you, I'm sorry it does. Show me the ways that AMF is a long term career company. I think it's you that doesn't get it. Look around you, and actually pay attention. I don't mean that as a dig, I mean that in the nicest way possible. People are rating AMF by how long they stay. You still can barely get people in the door, keeping them is a totally different ballgame. Keeping them long term? It's not worth it when you compare AMF to other companies. Does that mean that going to AMF has no value? No that's not what I'm saying. Stop taking everything personally and think outside of your bubble.

own nav 12-11-2016 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2260900)
I know that offends you, I'm sorry it does. Show me the ways that AMF is a long term career company. I think it's you that doesn't get it. Look around you, and actually pay attention. I don't mean that as a dig, I mean that in the nicest way possible. People are rating AMF by how long they stay. You still can barely get people in the door, keeping them is a totally different ballgame. Keeping them long term? It's not worth it when you compare AMF to other companies. Does that mean that going to AMF has no value? No that's not what I'm saying. Stop taking everything personally and think outside of your bubble.

I can see how you might see my post as being "offended." To clarify, I saw troll behavior and I was pointing it out. Moving on.

Jetlife 12-12-2016 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 2260955)
I can see how you might see my post as being "offended." To clarify, I saw troll behavior and I was pointing it out. Moving on.

Not trolling man. But going on the defensive detracts from actually discussing issues. When somebody asks what the benefits are to coming to AMF, the good and bad should be accurately described.

own nav 12-12-2016 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2261116)
Not trolling man. But going on the defensive detracts from actually discussing issues. When somebody asks what the benefits are to coming to AMF, the good and bad should be accurately described.

Ironic that you start that statement defensively. I'd like to get back on subject as well.

frmrbuffdrvr 12-14-2016 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2260025)
If you spend several years flying a Metro or 1900, and you are a check airmen/ACP etc you're going to check a lot of boxes. If you're just a line pilot collecting PIC time, you're no different than a line pilot collecting SIC time at a regional.

So what you are saying, if you don't want to do more than the minimum, you might as well go to the regionals

Originally Posted by AboveAndBeyond (Post 2260363)
Curious... How many AMF'ers have gotten hired by JetBlue or Southwest in the last 2 years with no 121 experience? How about at Delta and United? FedEx or UPS?

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2260385)
That would be zero sir, as long as you add the military caveat to that.

Well, I think it has been more than 2 years (probably more like 4 years ago) but I do know a gal who went straight from AMF to JetBlue. But I guess I am not young enough to only care about two year increments of things. Heck, is still drive an '03 car that I bought in '07.

Until very recently, you didn't stand a chance in Hades of getting on with Delta or FedEx without military time.

own nav 12-20-2016 12:59 PM

New "flow" program agreement with Frontier, with "a couple others in the works."

hittman31 01-08-2017 12:21 PM

What are the chances a new guy (FO) could get based in SEA?

frmrbuffdrvr 01-09-2017 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by hittman31 (Post 2277122)
What are the chances a new guy (FO) could get based in SEA?

Except for our E120 FOs, the main purpose of our hiring of first officers is to get them to the point of moving to the left seat in one of our aircraft. So many of our FOs move around a good bit to get the hours as quick as possible.

As for E120 FOs, we have two E120 runs out of BFI, so there is turn over there. I don't know what the current status of hiring for those positions is.

jonnyjetprop 01-10-2017 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2260900)

The one thing everybody should give Ameriflight is that the company has endured. I'm class of 1988-89 and it's one of two companies still in business over my career.