Grand Canyon Airlines/Scenic

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 09:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2022
Position: PA31-350; Left
Post GCA Apps

Originally Posted by ditchdog93 View Post
You have more than enough time. I was hired back in 2017 with 330 TT. Yes they pay for your ATP to be captain in the otter but there is a training contract for a year in which if you leave you have to pay back. I left in 2020 and they obviously took a hit from covid but I would keep on trying to contact them to see. Call them and ask to speak to Lead Pilot or Chief pilot to see the status of app.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

When you applied how did you do it? I applied through the GCAOPS portal (received no email verification it was received) and sent an email with resume and cover letter to Veronica Deubert at Papillon. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2022, 11:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by TwOtter View Post
Where does Berry operate the DHC-6? I knew they have them, didn't know what or where they operate them.

I know the have one in West Africa.
Old 02-11-2022, 11:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: Yes

Where does Berry operate the DHC-6? I knew they have them, didn't know what or where they operate them.
Northwest Africa. Live on an Air Force base. Provide Casevac/airdrop/nvg/cargo service. 99% is pax/cargo from paved strip to paved strip. But we still maintain currency for all other contingencies. I fly every other week or so. Work out and chill the rest of the time. Perfect for the guy/gal that can get their mind right (lots of down time-and I mean lots), make some bank and do some online classes or devour paperback books. Based in Niger. Here is a current ad:
https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/...5796E5B2C21B53
They will be flexible on stated times for the right candidate, but time in type is a must for CARB pairing purposes. US citizenship is a must for Secret security clearance.
Old 02-12-2022, 03:07 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2021
Position: Pipeline Pilot

When you applied how did you do it? I applied through the GCAOPS portal (received no email verification it was received) and sent an email with resume and cover letter to Veronica Deubert at Papillon. Thanks!
Hey, I think I may have done it a bit differently myself. I sent you a pm.
Old 02-28-2022, 06:54 PM
New Hire

Default Applying

Hello all,

A small question but first time applying on the flying side of the job side and wanted to know if I should be applying now if I am scheduled to be finished with my multi rating next week or should I wait until I have the rating? Just curious if anyone has done this before or not. Thanks for the info.

Mike
Old 03-01-2022, 03:51 AM
New Hire

Position: King Air Captain
Default New User

I am a new user and I signed up for APC several weeks ago. The site doesn't let me create a new thread and I've sent several messages to support and they don't respond. Is this an active site or a waning forum? I have a few 135 related topics I wanted to raise but I can't seem to get what I need to post a new topic. Any help or advice is appreciated!
Old 03-01-2022, 07:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Rating

Originally Posted by Zman3030 View Post
Hello all,

A small question but first time applying on the flying side of the job side and wanted to know if I should be applying now if I am scheduled to be finished with my multi rating next week or should I wait until I have the rating? Just curious if anyone has done this before or not. Thanks for the info.

Mike
Wait until you have the rating unless the job posting or careers site invites you to apply without it; usually only seen with ASES and that is rare.
Old 03-01-2022, 07:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Cred

Originally Posted by vertivue View Post
I am a new user and I signed up for APC several weeks ago. The site doesn't let me create a new thread and I've sent several messages to support and they don't respond. Is this an active site or a waning forum? I have a few 135 related topics I wanted to raise but I can't seem to get what I need to post a new topic. Any help or advice is appreciated!
Probably unable to start new topics until you have more post credit. I don't know about APC-Forums specifically, but a lot of forums operate that way.
Old 03-01-2022, 11:51 AM
New Hire

Default Applying

Thanks Twotter for the info. I was thinking along the same lines just wasn't sure about the way hiring processes are for pilots.
Old 03-03-2022, 02:25 AM
New Hire

Position: King Air Captain

Probably unable to start new topics until you have more post credit. I don't know about APC-Forums specifically, but a lot of forums operate that way.
Got it but how do you get “post credit “? Seems silly to have to reply to topics I have nothing to say about in order to create a topic!