Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Airnet Recalls...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by BushwickBill View Post
LOL I interviewed in 07. I've never run so fast from anyplace post interview...
I interviewed in 07 also. Ended up with the offer and spent a great year plus there. I did not have BW anywhere near my interview. Perhaps that was part of why I went (happily) to the net.

Great place. Not for everyone.

-mini
Old 11-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by Boris Badenov View Post
You probably wouldn't fit in there. Try a regional.
I beg to differ. I've been there, done that, and wouldn't mind doing it again.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009

Originally Posted by peterpilot55 View Post
Bill is still there? I thought he got let go. (or I guess maybe he's been called back). Anyway, make sure you make him feel really important and acknowledge that he pretty much knows it all if you want to get anywhere with him...
He didn't get let go. He had a pilot seniority number while he was in recruitment. After the furloughs, the obviously didn't need recruiters anymore, so he started flying the line. That ****ed some pilots off, but that's the point of seniority in the first place.

Bill's a good guy. All of the recruiters are. Advice that I can give is to show enthusiasm for the company.

I'm rather surprised that some furloughs are refusing to go back, however. They wouldn't be calling people unless they had new business opportunities, which they do. This "seasonal" new airnet contract is seasonal in a sense, but it seems more of an opportunity for airnet to show a certain customer what they are capable of. I'd bet it will lead to a lot of permanent flying. Granted, I'm purely specuating from a computer chair, but the fact remains; airnet is good at what they do. Their ontime performance will never go unnoticed.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009

Originally Posted by minitour View Post
I interviewed in 07 also. Ended up with the offer and spent a great year plus there. I did not have BW anywhere near my interview. Perhaps that was part of why I went (happily) to the net.

Great place. Not for everyone.

-mini
Great place +1
Old 11-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by srgntdvs View Post
I beg to differ. I've been there, done that, and wouldn't mind doing it again.
If you'd been there, you'd have known they don't hire into the lear. Seems odd.

-mini
Old 11-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by bernouli View Post
HThat ****ed some pilots off, but that's the point of seniority in the first place.
The point of seniority is to protect pilots flying the line. Not pilots working in recruiting or records or compliance or sundae making.

That said, Bill is a good guy. While I was disappointed to get "bumped" by him, had I the seniority to do it...I would have done the same thing. He's definitely one of the good guys there. The system worked to his advantage and I think anyone in the same situation would have done the same thing. You can't fault him for that. ****y at the system? Sure. ****y at the person? No way.

I don't know how he conducts interviews or whatnot, because I didn't get to meet him until I had already been hired so I can't speak for that side of things but I can vouch for him as a good genuine person. Lots of the Airnet guys and gals are.

-mini
Old 11-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Fixed wing, left

Originally Posted by minitour View Post
The point of seniority is to protect pilots flying the line. Not pilots working in recruiting or records or compliance or sundae making.

That said, Bill is a good guy. While I was disappointed to get "bumped" by him, had I the seniority to do it...I would have done the same thing. He's definitely one of the good guys there. The system worked to his advantage and I think anyone in the same situation would have done the same thing. You can't fault him for that. ****y at the system? Sure. ****y at the person? No way.

I don't know how he conducts interviews or whatnot, because I didn't get to meet him until I had already been hired so I can't speak for that side of things but I can vouch for him as a good genuine person. Lots of the Airnet guys and gals are.

-mini
He is very passionate about the company. Talked it up like it was the bees knees and having spent some time there, I would say he was accurate (at the time) about the company and where it was going. I couldn't imagine he would have known about the furloughs at the time I interviewed. I can't see why he would quit if there was no recruiting going on and the company isn't going to pay for him to twiddle his thumbs. So... hit the line!
Old 11-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by freightdog View Post
The aircraft are not out here yet. We're flyig the runs until airnet gets into place. I was told they outbid us with 182's. Even if they are 210's, whoever is flying them, be safe out there. Bishop and the Owens Valley are not fun places to be at night and in ice.
They are covering BIH and VCV in a Baron, They take the long way around staying on a flight plan.

Looks like Flight Express is covering the SBP-BFL run
Old 11-06-2009, 06:56 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Former Freight Doggy

Originally Posted by BushwickBill View Post
LOL I interviewed in 07. I've never run so fast from anyplace post interview...

Thank goodness for small favors. It is no secret that AirNet is not for everybody. I'm glad that Craig and BW did and continue to do a good job making sure that the people that do come to AirNet really want to be there. Obviously it wasn't a good fit for you, but to say AirNet is not a good operation is just being ignorant. Good luck with whatever it is your doing now.

As far as the AirNet recalls, that is great news. Having been on furloughed and recalled by my current carrier, I know the feeling when you get that recall letter in the mail. Hopefully with the new business that they are going after, it will provide a little expansion even if it is only in the mighty caravan. (I loved that plane. N107AN still is the sweetest one!)
Old 11-06-2009, 04:46 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: AV tech

I know they've been hiring alot of call center people.