Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Airnet Recalls...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by FlyCMI View Post
...even if it is only in the mighty caravan. (I loved that plane. N107AN still is the sweetest one!)

I personally didn't care for the van, but my favorite was "The Count"

-mini
Old 11-06-2009, 08:30 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Phenom 300 PIC

Originally Posted by Planewatcher View Post
They are covering BIH and VCV in a Baron, They take the long way around staying on a flight plan.

Looks like Flight Express is covering the SBP-BFL run
What do you mean by that? Do you even know what your talking about or are you just looking at fligthaware making assssssumptions?
Old 11-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by KCFR8PILOT View Post
What do you mean by that? Do you even know what your talking about or are you just looking at fligthaware making assssssumptions?
Flying up the Owens Valley at night is not exactly my first choice, the LONG way around is a pain in the butt, but at times much safer. Stay safe out there guys! Be careful of those fighter and bombers flying low level up and down the valley!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Guppy Capt.

Thank goodness for small favors. It is no secret that AirNet is not for everybody. I'm glad that Craig and BW did and continue to do a good job making sure that the people that do come to AirNet really want to be there. Obviously it wasn't a good fit for you, but to say AirNet is not a good operation is just being ignorant. Good luck with whatever it is your doing now.

As far as the AirNet recalls, that is great news. Having been on furloughed and recalled by my current carrier, I know the feeling when you get that recall letter in the mail. Hopefully with the new business that they are going after, it will provide a little expansion even if it is only in the mighty caravan. (I loved that plane. N107AN still is the sweetest one!)
Craig no longer works there. Hasn't for awhile now.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: BE-20 PIC

Thank goodness for small favors. It is no secret that AirNet is not for everybody. I'm glad that Craig and BW did and continue to do a good job making sure that the people that do come to AirNet really want to be there. Obviously it wasn't a good fit for you, but to say AirNet is not a good operation is just being ignorant. Good luck with whatever it is your doing now.

As far as the AirNet recalls, that is great news. Having been on furloughed and recalled by my current carrier, I know the feeling when you get that recall letter in the mail. Hopefully with the new business that they are going after, it will provide a little expansion even if it is only in the mighty caravan. (I loved that plane. N107AN still is the sweetest one!)
The story from Craig about being hit by lightning and his cavalier manner about the incident scared me off. I had been involved in a very professional flight department that actually valued their equipment and employees safety. We had a lightning strike and after listening to Craig it appeared that Airnets approach to safety was completely opposite of where I had worked previously.

In all honesty I would have never applied to a place like Airnet had I done more of my own research. I suggest anyone considering working for Airnet do the same. The odd thing about Airnet is how die-hard their employees are about defending the company from criticism online.

As for "whatever" I am doing now, frankly it's none of your business. I will share that I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever. As for being ignorant sir, I would suggest that you refrain from making such statements about professionals without doing your research. I have done mine about Airnet, anyone interested can PM me. I'm not going to get into petty name calling even though my criticism is based on fact, unlike yours.

I would suggest that anyone considering working at Airnet start here:

MIA00FA221
Old 11-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by BushwickBill View Post
Another reference to ignorance: care to elaborate this time?
Sure.

Ignorant
–adjective
1. Lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2. Lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3. Uninformed: unaware.
4. Due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

You brought up ignorance, not me...but it does sum up your posts pretty well.

You have no personal knowledge on the way Airnet's "approach to safety" because you did not work there. You lack knowledge or information as to the "approach to safety" (your words).

Or maybe you would care to elaborate on Airnet's safety record?
Maybe you would? Sure. Airnet has lost planes. Mostly due "stupid pilot tricks". Things like rolling a Lear? Yeah...that's due to Airnet's approach to safety. Electrical fire? Yeah...that's due to Airnet's approach to safety. Jumping below the GP behind a heavy resulting in a loss of aircraft in a wake turbulence encounter? Yeah...that's due to Airnet's approach to safety.

It may benefit some of the younger aviators who read the messages posted here Who may not be aware of the risks involved with this type of flying.
It's the same risks associated with any kind of single pilot IFR flying. I don't see what "type of flying" Airnet does that is so different. Care to elaborate yourself? Should we ground anything without two pilots? Maybe eliminate the instrument rating and shut down the NAS when the weather goes crappy? I know...maybe we'll eliminate in flight icing equipment so the entire northern half (and most of the western part) of the country can just take a 7 month vacation from October to April. Since that "type of flying" is so risky...

Flying is as safe as the crew (one pilot or ten pilots) makes it.

-mini
Old 11-08-2009, 11:04 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by minitour View Post
I personally didn't care for the van, but my favorite was "The Count"

-mini
Count on it....

And in regards to Bushwick Bill's statements about Airnet being unsafe, the fact that you came to this conclusion from your "perception" of someone's "cavalier" attitude doesn't hold much weight, especially with people who have been there and witnessed first hand what kind of operation it really is. And to insinuate that Airnet doesn't value it's equipment or employee's safety is just a juvenile statement.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:33 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by BushwickBill View Post
Or maybe you would care to elaborate on Airnet's safety record?
You pulled up a fatal accident from 9 years ago. Whoop-dee-do. Yeah, Airnet has had a couple of fatal accidents in the almost 30-odd years we've been in business- as have most of the major and regional airlines. I know for a fact that they bring up each accident and major incident during initial pilot training and go over them in detail so they don't happen again.

Airnet flies into 100+ cities a night. Yep, the flying is really tough sometimes. Flying cargo is a different beast than flying people around. Our guys and gals do it fast, efficiently, and they have an exceptional safety record.

The initial pilot training is 4 weeks long, which at the last time I checked is at least double or triple what most Part 135 operators do for initial training. Sure, the pilots will get defensive about their company. That's because they know they are the best in the business and they do their job exceptionally well. Don't come on here and flame a company that you never worked for. You never got to see the maintenance and training firsthand.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by minitour View Post

Flying is as safe as the crew (one pilot or ten pilots) makes it.

-mini
I like this quote. Working for a 135 cargo operator will surely be the toughest flying anyone will ever do. I have hated it and enjoyed it at times.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: BE-20 PIC

Woop de doo? One of your brothers turns into a crispy critter while airborne and the cause is that the pilot failed to run the checklist? Woop de doo... does Airnet train pilots to run checklists or did they fail to mention that during the 4 week "intensive" training your so proud of? Woop de doo indeed Sir...

The Chief pilot stands in front of a class of potential new hires and brags about being hit by lightning, becoming incapacitated and regaining consciousness to luckily find the aircraft still straight and level? Only someone drinking from the punch bowl could not agree that this isn't really the best way to represent yourself or the company you work for.

"Yeah...." wake turbulence big deal huh? I can't tell you how many times a training captain hammered me about wake turbulence. I won't be a victim of wake turbulence due to our safety procedures... Yeah.

Yes I have never worked at Airnet. So yes I do not know first hand what kind of safety procedures your company uses. I only know that the initial impression left me very happy I didn't find out firsthand.

I fly medical teams single pilot at night. I don't know why all of you assume I am part of a 2 pilot crew. One hint of critisim about Airnet and out come the personal attacks. I too fly single pilot 135 in I daresay similar conditions to pilots at Airnet. The only difference is that there are no mourning families because of my company's safety record and when someone brings up a concern about safety I wont call them an ignorant juvenile fool.

I wont attack any of you personally. But I will raise concerns about safety and being attacked for doing so speaks volumes about all of you. Call me ignorant call me a fool, a juvenile, anonymously directed at someone who you don't even know. I only need to mention that to summarize your character. I'll just continue to call it like I see it without any personal attacks.

Good day