Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Airnet Recalls...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008

The "whoop-dee-do" was in reference to your fallacy of an argument by dredging up one accident report and using that as a reason not to fly for Airnet ever. Its rather shortsighted to take one incident and use that against an entire company's training program.

And yes, Airnet has profiles for wake turbulence, high speed ILS, single engine ILS, missed approaches, etc. They train the pilots to fly the profiles. They train pilots to use checklists. They do the best that they can to give each pilot the tools to fly safely. There are a hundred plus pilots currently at Airnet, plus countless prior pilots who got the job done safely every single day, who can attest to that.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009

i was there for some time, and unbelievably; I'm still alive. Maybe the training dept knows what they're doing after all.

I'll take an airnet pilot (former or current) over most anybody, anyday.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

I'd post again, but I've already had my hand slapped once, so I'll just sit back and watch.

Apparently it's okay to yap about something which you have no clue but not to call someone out that does the yapping.

Banned in 3..........2...........1...........

-mini
Old 11-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: BE-20 PIC

Read pages 38 to 45:

https://www.smashwords.com/extreader...38/squawk-7700

I didn't write this book. Someone else did. So now you'll all have to find a way to personally insult them anonymously over the internet. As a positive side note at least you will know who it is that dared to mention something negative about the sacred cow that is Airnet.

Woop de doo indeed.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:43 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by BushwickBill View Post
Read pages 38 to 45:

I didn't write this book. Someone else did. So now you'll all have to find a way to personally insult them anonymously over the internet. As a positive side note at least you will know who it is that dared to mention something negative about the sacred cow that is Airnet.

Woop de doo indeed.
Hey that was a pretty good story, sounds pretty familiar and just about right I'd say. Too bad that guy wasn't able to get a little more help getting home. At anyrate, being stranded aside, that's 135 freight for ya, expect the unexpected sometimes and be able to roll with the punches, it's not for everyone.....Plus, his only negative experience that he related was from a customer service perspective with one individual, he had nothing bad to say about the actual operations or safety aspects of Airnet.

Last edited by KarlHungus; 11-09-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:54 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Phenom 300 PIC

Read pages 38 to 45:

Woop de doo indeed.
Did you continue to read further in to the book? Or did you just do a google search and think "I got them now" the next place he went to work treated him way worse then Airnet did or whould have. I'm sorry you failed the interview but please try not assume things to which you have no idea about.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by KCFR8PILOT View Post
What do you mean by that? Do you even know what your talking about or are you just looking at fligthaware making assssssumptions?
What's that supposed to mean? Some people try to avoid the Ice and Turbulence if possible.

I only see aircraft fly up and down the Owens Valley every day and have so for the past four years so I know what kicks up out there. Merely an observation. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:41 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: AV tech

I fly medical teams single pilot at night. I don't know why all of you assume I am part of a 2 pilot crew. One hint of critisim about Airnet and out come the personal attacks. I too fly single pilot 135 in I daresay similar conditions to pilots at Airnet. The only difference is that there are no mourning families because of my company's safety record and when someone brings up a concern about safety I wont call them an ignorant juvenile fool.
So, who exactly do you work for so we can all see their safety record. Is the fact that you don't mention who it is, a cause to believe that mabey their not as perfect as you say? I'm not a pilot, I'm an Avoinics tech at Airnet. I know of the switch/breaker failures, and as soon as the alert came out to change them we did. I think this was one of the incedents that lead to the FAA requiring their replacement. That's the thing about flying, things happen, parts fail without no appherent reason, and you just can't pull over to the side of the road and get out. I do all I can to make sure you are safe and I live with that every moment of my life. It's my attention to detail that keeps you alive. But I don't fly, that's up to you, and I pray nothing breaks while your up there.

Last edited by AVItech746; 11-10-2009 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:24 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2008
Position: C208 BE58

Well Ainet is not for everybody. My expereince when I interviewed was nothing like what was posted in the "book"the linked above. That being said, I know the recruitment department sometimes did things a little differenetly, but they knew what they were doing. You could not have put together a better group of guys or a better group of pilots. If you look at the pilot group as a whole I do not think you could come to any other conclusion than that CW did a great job.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: BE-20 PIC

Originally Posted by AVItech746 View Post
So, who exactly do you work for so we can all see their safety record.
We've been in operation since 1946. West cost based. That should be enough for you to research and find out who I work for if your so curious. No fatal accidents since 1946. I don't feel comfortable giving out my employers name on this forum. Our chief pilot doesn't brag about anything he has done that is totally unsafe because it doesn't leave someone with a good impression of how safe we are. And thank you for not personally insulting me it seems your a man of character, unlike a lot of your coworkers who visit this forum.

I just happened to stumble upon the story about Airnet after reading a sample of a book that was recommended on another part of this forum. I found the experience nearly identical to mine. Kind of funny considering that I wasn't looking for a negative story about Airnet. Of course the naysayers will just brush it off but I'm not the only one.