Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

satsair question

Old 09-14-2006, 07:12 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Default satsair question

Hey does does anyone know if satsair minimums are higher than the standard 135's
Old 09-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: high speed taxi driver

I just did a phone interview with them the other day. Their mins are ATP minimums. Sounds like a great company, I can't wait to learn more.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005

In addition to 1500 TT, applicants should have the following - Flight review in the last 12 months, Instrument Current, Night Current in a single engine Airplane and live within one hour driving distance from one of the available domiciles. Pilots can expect to work 5 days on 2 days off, until available positions are staffed sufficiently to support the standard schedule. 4 days on/3 days off is the standard schedule. SATSair may require pilots to work the 5 day rotation at any time during their first two years of employment. When on a 4 day rotation, pilots are permitted to volunteer to be on call for the 5th day. Salary is based on the standard 4 day on 3 day off schedule. The 5th day would be paid as a daily rate in addition to the base salary, i.e. 2 days of additional pay within a bi-weekly pay period. $27K to start. $33K at six months. $36K at one year. Additional raises yearly. -Be able to overnight and respond in a timely manner to pop up trips.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Default Working at SATSAir

Working at SATSair

Working at SATSair is a rewarding experience for our employees, far beyond the simple pay and benefits. Our employees are pioneering a completely new way for our nation to travel. At SATSair we are the first to launch an ambitious, innovative, and life changing air travel system that will change the way people view and use air travel in America. Thanks to SATSair and its employees, 24/7 point-to-point affordable air travel as convenient as a quick phone call. But we have far to go to continue to grow this unique air travel system across America. Each and every day we receive calls from future customers asking how soon can we bring our new service to their town or city.

Our Culture

We are proud of our employees and our company's culture reflects that. Our employees feel good about the work they do and they know that their company and its customers appreciate it too. Our culture is rich with the programs that our employees value, such as travel assistance, informational and celebration luncheons and cookouts, company sponsored softball teams, employee concierge service and others.

Think outside the box and you will fit right in. SATSair encourages and enjoys new ideas and open communication. At SATSair we have brought together some of the most talented people in their fields and we will continue to hire talent when and where we find it. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we value the diversity of our employees and the merits each one brings. In return for their hard work our employees enjoy great benefits, competitive salaries, and exciting career paths.

Our company is still small, so the extra effort offered by each employee has a dynamic effect on our company's growth. This allows our employees to set the momentum of their own careers. Our company's expectations are high, and our employees continually strive to meet and often times exceed them.

Benefits

SATSair's commitment is to provide benefits and programs that support the needs of our employees and compliment the quality of their lifestyles. We enjoy benefits that include:

Competitive salaries
Equity/stock options (to be implemented in 2006)
401k Retirement program (to be implemented in 2006)
Health/dental/life/vision/disability/ insurance
Flexible spending accounts
Direct paycheck deposit
Paid time off
Paid Vacation
Business/casual atmosphere
Employee air travel and aircraft rental program

Pilots

Our pilots' quality of life and work balance is a top priority here at SATSair. We want you to have a predictable work schedule that will maximize your performance and allow you to return home every day possible. SATSair wants you to build a positive and productive life outside of work as well.

Today we are flying the Cirrus SR-22 aircraft, undeniably the most advanced and best performing aircraft of its type. As the very light jets (VLJ) and personal jets (PJ) become available we will assess the advantage of adding them to our fleet. Our customers love our aircraft, our pilots, and the professional way we provide our cutting edge service.

Pilot Minimum Qualifications

In order to provide the very best in high quality and safe flights our pilots must have the minimum qualifications:

1500 hours flight time (excluding, simulator and flight engineer time)
500 hours as Pilot-in-Command (PIC)
500 hours cross-country
100 hours night flight time
100 hours actual instrument time
FAA Single Engine Commercial Pilot Certificate with Instrument rating
Current FAA Second Class Medical Certificate
Federal Communication Commission (FCC) Radio License
Valid passport with the ability to travel in and out of the U.S.
Valid Drivers License
Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
While these are our minimums to be considered for a job at SATSair most of our new hire pilots have the mean average of around 2500 hours with varied background experience gained in major and commuter airlines, military, freight, corporate, charter, flight instruction and other commercial aviation activities.

Pilots Pay Package

Pilots will go on payroll the first day in ground school.
Pilots will have to sign an employment contract. The employment contract will preclude them from taking a job with another air-taxi competitor company for at least one year after they leave us.
While in ground school and subsequent IOE we will provide the new hired pilot with a hotel room, transportation to and from class and pay them a per-diem as if they were away on sequence.
The Pilot annual base pay scale is: Day 1 thru 6 months: $27,000; 6 months thru 12 months: $33,000; 12 months Thru 24 months: $36,000; 24 months thru 36 months: $40,000; 36 months thru 48 months: $42,500; 48 months thru 60 months: $45,000; after 60 months: annual cost of living increase. In addition, SATSair may apply COLAs to help offset the increased expenses for pilots based in areas more expensive than Greenville, SC.
The standard pilot work schedule will consist of a 4-day on and 3 day off sequence. At the company's discretion 5-day on and 2-day off may be required for the first two years of service.
Pilots will be given the opportunity to earn extra money by offering to work on his/her scheduled off days. His/her extra per-day pay will equal his/her per-day salary.
Pilots will have a seniority based bid system applicable after 2 years of service. Each pilot shall receive a seniority number based on his/her first day in ground school class. The class seniority shall be determined by the new hires birth date. The earliest birth date has the highest seniority, etc.
The pilots will bid to hold their preferred flight schedule. The senior pilot shall have first choice at the schedule, then the next senior pilot, etc.
During travel away from the pilots domicile the pilot will be paid a per-diem that shall be $1.50 per each hour they are away from base. For overnight stays the pilot will be provided with a hotel room and ground transportation as necessary.
SATSair shall provide 5 medium blue oxford dress shirts that will have the SATSair embroider on the left chest and on the right sleeve, (near the cuff on long sleeve shirts) SATSair will provide 2 matching ties. Pilots wear the tie during the winter and during the summer the tie is optional. Summer is considered to be from Memorial Day to Labor Day each year. SATSair will provide its pilots with a uniform coat for the winter.
Pilots will be paid $32 per pay-period to cover the cost of job related expenses such as cell phone, calling cards, uniform laundry, tips, etc.
SATSair presently pays an additional $2000 annually to its company instructors and check airmen.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

"Pilots will have to sign an employment contract. The employment contract will preclude them from taking a job with another air-taxi competitor company for at least one year after they leave us."

This is the only problem I see. How can you enforce this one? On what legal grounds, and for what reason. Anyone have some enlightenment? Maybe so you don't help the competition. That's like saying an airline pilot for a regional can't go to a major, or lateral for a better company
Old 01-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Airplane Driver

If that is true I dont see how they could enforce that? That is pretty bogus!
Old 02-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2006

Just curious, but would Sats Air be a good career job for a person who is in their early 20s and who is really just looking for a good QOL or would it be a damper on getting a future corporate job flying turboprops or jets since it is only single engine piston time. I currently fly for Eagle and am really looking for a way out that gives a good QOL with decent pay and benefits. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

Hours:
1500 TT
1000 ME
800 Turbine
Old 02-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: SAABster

Originally Posted by rubbersidedown View Post
If that is true I dont see how they could enforce that? That is pretty bogus!
When your new employer sends out the PRIA's, satair will find out.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Originally Posted by XJPILOT1 View Post
When your new employer sends out the PRIA's, satair will find out.
Good Point, but I guess my question, how legal is that policy? That's like saying I can't work for "X" airline and go to "Y" etc.....
Old 02-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: SAABster

Originally Posted by Ewfflyer View Post
Good Point, but I guess my question, how legal is that policy? That's like saying I can't work for "X" airline and go to "Y" etc.....
They would have to pay me alot more then $33,000 a year to sign that agreement. It would be a fun job but that hook is a deal breaker.