Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

TMC- Travel Management Company

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 11:35 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2015

For the current TMC employees: do IAD pilots begin their trips out of IAD, or are they normally deadheaded to another location? Thanks!
Old 05-14-2017, 01:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Um...no. United,Psa,Air Whiskey,Republic,etc all have D.C. bases, and would be a much better choice.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:04 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by ThomasMagnum View Post
Um...no. United,Psa,Air Whiskey,Republic,etc all have D.C. bases, and would be a much better choice.
BUT...BUT... BUT I couldn't take the pay cut....plus those airline guys are just bus drivers...and I like tossing bags and the occaisional salad...WOW if I could only fly a Nextant...it would be just like a 4 hour ride with granny to the Cracker Barrel in Florida...man I can't wait to live the dream!!!!
Old 05-14-2017, 07:17 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2013

Hi fellow TMC'ers,

I have 121 mins and have job offers from EVERY regional airline, even the ones that fly mini-737's! However, after reading 90 pages of mostly negative information about TMC, I'm convinced it's for me. I want to be a Trailblazer.

Can anyone tell me how much I get to pay for the polyester uniform and Uncle Buck parka?

I hear there's a union there. I don't know anything about unions, but have heard they are bad news. Do you think it would help me get hired if I offer to not join the union?

I think the daily rate pay is really a great system that rewards hard work. I did the math. If I work 87 days per quarter, I could make over $85,000 my first year and build up time fast enough to get hired by Delta Private Jets. Plus, TMC would be really happy and I could upgrade super fast!
Old 05-14-2017, 09:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by yeagermeister View Post
Hi fellow TMC'ers,

I have 121 mins and have job offers from EVERY regional airline, even the ones that fly mini-737's! However, after reading 90 pages of mostly negative information about TMC, I'm convinced it's for me. I want to be a Trailblazer.

Can anyone tell me how much I get to pay for the polyester uniform and Uncle Buck parka?

I hear there's a union there. I don't know anything about unions, but have heard they are bad news. Do you think it would help me get hired if I offer to not join the union?

I think the daily rate pay is really a great system that rewards hard work. I did the math. If I work 87 days per quarter, I could make over $85,000 my first year and build up time fast enough to get hired by Delta Private Jets. Plus, TMC would be really happy and I could upgrade super fast!
Well done sir!
Old 05-15-2017, 06:32 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by yeagermeister View Post
Hi fellow TMC'ers,

Unions are not bad news for their pilot. Their bad news for the company! Without a Union the company will run right over the workers. All the pilots are the Union. Without a Union I would not be making $325+ per hour!
Old 05-15-2017, 11:02 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: 135Cancer

Originally Posted by aa010175 View Post
Without a Union I would not be making $325+ per hour!
You've been at a Major for the past 10-12 years? Or longer?
Old 05-15-2017, 07:01 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2013

Originally Posted by aa010175 View Post
Unions are not bad news for their pilot. Their bad news for the company! Without a Union the company will run right over the workers. All the pilots are the Union. Without a Union I would not be making $325+ per hour!
Clearly you are not a student of sarcasm...or the English language.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Wow! Phildo managed to incorporate condolences for this weeks most unfortunate occurrence in TEB, and we had some cancellations yesterday chop chop chop in the same dang email! Way to go little fella, not classy.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:41 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by ThomasMagnum View Post
Wow! Phildo managed to incorporate condolences for this weeks most unfortunate occurrence in TEB, and we had some cancellations yesterday chop chop chop in the same dang email! Way to go little fella, not classy.
Can you imagine if Teamsters sent out an email stating "Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the crew members, etc...It puts into extreme perspective that while the pilots at TMC Jets have an impeccable safety record they still enjoy the lowest pay for a charter airline of their size, etc..." That would be petty AF.

If it weren't for zero class, EKM would have no class at all.