Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #111  
Line Holder
 
bipolarpilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2011
Position: Reclined
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcaviator View Post
The fact that people go out and practice the sim profiles is pretty disappointing to those folks of us who went and flew the sim after simply studying the charts and the clearance. I'm sure my opinion is unpopular, but this sim gouge thing is as much cheating as copying your partners answers.

I hope this post was typed with a heavy dose of sarcasm, if not,

Wow . . . just because YOU didn't think of it, or weren't able to use CRM and maximize all of the resources at your disposal doesn't make helping a brother out a bad thing. To quote a wise old instructor, "Life's tough enough as it is, it's tougher if you're stupid . . . "
bipolarpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #112  
Line Holder
 
bcaviator's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: BE200
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpilot View Post
I hope this post was typed with a heavy dose of sarcasm, if not,

Wow . . . just because YOU didn't think of it, or weren't able to use CRM and maximize all of the resources at your disposal doesn't make helping a brother out a bad thing. To quote a wise old instructor, "Life's tough enough as it is, it's tougher if you're stupid . . . "

I didn't THINK of it? Really?? Anyway, maybe I am the minority, that is possible I suppose. I see it from the companies perspective. I have no problem telling someone that it involves departures enroute stuff, and arrivals using raw data style instruments. But, if a pilot can fly a route because he has practiced the exact same route a bunch of time, what does that really show me? Don't take offense at it, I guess I was just seeing this from the interviewer's side.
bcaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #113  
Line Holder
 
bipolarpilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2011
Position: Reclined
Posts: 27
Default

Well I was HOPING you thought of it. That first post just seemed a little snippy, and coming from the "cooperate and graduate" school thought, that's all I know!
bipolarpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #114  
Line Holder
 
bcaviator's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: BE200
Posts: 95
Default

I definitely understand that mindset when it comes to the training environment. Unless every applicant practices the sim profile, then it's really not apples to apples right? Anyway, beating a dead horse I suppose.
bcaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #115  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Laxrox43's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: E190 FO
Posts: 1,093
Default

Can we add AAR into the mix? Can anyone do a cross comparison for me on AAR Vs. the other 3, please?
Laxrox43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #116  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: May 2009
Position: weekend beyotch
Posts: 34
Default Dynamic Pay

As of Oct 5th, they did raise the pay. Year 1 $667, year 2 $687 a day. Finally tops out at $700 at year 4.
breakfall35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #117  
Gets Weekends Off
 
chrisreedrules's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: CRJ FO
Posts: 3,108
Default

Just out of curiosity, what does everyone think of the future of some of these overseas DoD contract companies in the coming years? It would seem with the looming budget cuts that jobs might not be safe at some of these companies. Some of the guys I know in the civvie UAV field are worried about cuts as well. I was just wondering... I'd really like to work for one of these operators in the future. I love the work, the equipment, and the culture.
chrisreedrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #118  
ULTP-Ultra Low Tier Pilot
 
The Juice's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,227
Default

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what does everyone think of the future of some of these overseas DoD contract companies in the coming years? It would seem with the looming budget cuts that jobs might not be safe at some of these companies. Some of the guys I know in the civvie UAV field are worried about cuts as well. I was just wondering... I'd really like to work for one of these operators in the future. I love the work, the equipment, and the culture.
There will be far less jobs with some areas getting reduced a lot.

Most guys doing DOD flying overseas is in it for the short term cash grab, nobody looks at it as a long term gig.

It allows you to pay off the debt and stack some cash in the meantime n
The Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #119  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2011
Position: 744 Right Seat
Posts: 56
Default

I work for AAR. We are currently going after more contracts including bringing back LCLA for our Casa fleet. There will be plenty of work to go around for our planes in the coming years on this side of the world. We also have a contract in Africa for a few Casas. On top of that, the company is constantly looking at other options to keep our planes flying if this all fell through. Not that I want to do this forever but I'm 100% confident that I will have a job as long as I want one here.
JeffA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:05 AM   #120  
ULTP-Ultra Low Tier Pilot
 
The Juice's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,227
Default

Quote:
I work for AAR. We are currently going after more contracts including bringing back LCLA for our Casa fleet. There will be plenty of work to go around for our planes in the coming years on this side of the world. We also have a contract in Africa for a few Casas. On top of that, the company is constantly looking at other options to keep our planes flying if this all fell through. Not that I want to do this forever but I'm 100% confident that I will have a job as long as I want one here.
Haha, you can't even get up on time for your show times. Flavor Flav!
The Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:01 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1