Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   SurfAir (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/66586-surfair.html)

SCfly 11-09-2017 09:41 AM

Thread bump... Does anyone have any updated info on Surf Air / Encompass Aviation? I heard some gouge that they hired a few low time FOs and were looking for guys with less time as there won't be so much turnover.

Anyone have an update?

Flightsoffusion 11-10-2017 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by SCfly (Post 2463200)
Thread bump... Does anyone have any updated info on Surf Air / Encompass Aviation? I heard some gouge that they hired a few low time FOs and were looking for guys with less time as there won't be so much turnover.

Anyone have an update?

Interviewed last we for a direct captain position. Was told that they're planning on another class after Thanksgiving. Haven't heard whether they want me or not. Doesn't answer your question I know. It's all I got.. Best.

Socalflyguy 11-11-2017 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by SCfly (Post 2463200)

Anyone have an update?

Encompass hired about 15 new hire FOs in the last few months. The issue they’re having is the high turnover rate with captains, not FOs. From what I’ve heard from other pilots they’re planning on having a captain class very soon. They most likely won’t be hiring any FOs for months to come. Good luck!

Flightsoffusion 11-12-2017 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Socalflyguy (Post 2464300)
Encompass hired about 15 new hire FOs in the last few months. The issue they’re having is the high turnover rate with captains, not FOs. From what I’ve heard from other pilots they’re planning on having a captain class very soon. They most likely won’t be hiring any FOs for months to come. Good luck!

Any of that Captain turnover happening at MYF?

skipilot84 11-12-2017 06:14 AM

Yeah we are flush with FO’s right now. If you say that there should be 4 captains per plane then NorCal, SBA each have 1 CA slot open. MYF is currently flying 2 planes with 3 captains, but they are only supposed to have 1 plane there. SoCal on the other hand is decimated at the moment and has 9 CA slots open. Even if you were to say staffing should only be 3 captains per plane (AM slot, PM slot, & off/reserve per day) then SoCal still has 6 open CA slots at the moment. This all could change tomorrow of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flightsoffusion 11-12-2017 11:30 AM

Turned down a direct entry captain position today. Couldn't come to any practical terms so they are still looking so get those resumes' in. Class I'm told is starting 12/6. Good luck!

jrav8r 11-12-2017 02:00 PM

What are the current captain minimums?

skipilot84 11-12-2017 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Flightsoffusion (Post 2464857)
Turned down a direct entry captain position today. Couldn't come to any practical terms so they are still looking so get those resumes' in. Class I'm told is starting 12/6. Good luck!

What terms were you looking for?

ryane946 11-13-2017 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by jrav8r (Post 2464900)
What are the current captain minimums?

That is the problem. They are currently artificially high at 1500 hours, when they could really drop them to 1200 hours.

skipilot84 11-13-2017 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by ryane946 (Post 2465166)
That is the problem. They are currently artificially high at 1500 hours, when they could really drop them to 1200 hours.

They could if insurance didn’t require an unrestricted ATP