Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   SurfAir (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/66586-surfair.html)

Westcoastpilot5 10-06-2017 07:28 AM

Seems like hiring may have stopped. Anyone with insight on when they might be planning a new hire class again?

wrenchnfly 10-06-2017 10:18 PM

In the DAL area they use a lot of vendors. I know for a fact that some of the SIC's are not fully qualified (if qualified at all to fly the planes). They are at least not 135 qualified as an SIC and may not hold the appropriate certificates, currency or ratings for the aircraft being flown.

skipilot84 10-07-2017 04:50 AM

I can’t say anything about what they use in Texas as it’s a whole different operation at this point. I believe they used Monarch and one other operator in Texas. If those two operators fully qualified their people or not is not something I would know.

As for in California the operator for Surf Air is Encompass Aviation. They use an operator out of Vegas called Steeleman Aviation for all the Vegas flights because Encompass doesn’t have interstate authority yet.

I can say that all of the pilots for Encompass and Steeleman are fully qualified.

As for Encompass, they are working on a class of street captains. I don’t know when that class is but the sooner the better. As for FO’s I’m not entirely sure that we need any at the moment, but that could change tomorrow for all I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flightsoffusion 10-10-2017 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by skipilot84 (Post 2442862)
I can’t say anything about what they use in Texas as it’s a whole different operation at this point. I believe they used Monarch and one other operator in Texas. If those two operators fully qualified their people or not is not something I would know.

As for in California the operator for Surf Air is Encompass Aviation. They use an operator out of Vegas called Steeleman Aviation for all the Vegas flights because Encompass doesn’t have interstate authority yet.

I can say that all of the pilots for Encompass and Steeleman are fully qualified.

As for Encompass, they are working on a class of street captains. I don’t know when that class is but the sooner the better. As for FO’s I’m not entirely sure that we need any at the moment, but that could change tomorrow for all I know.

I have a phone interview with Elaine and a couple others on Thursday for a class I believe they're putting together at the end of the month. Was also told it was for possible contract work out of CRQ. So I'm a bit confused. Nothing new. Could you please outline the training schedule for a captains position? Duration, location, etc. Thank you in advance..

arniepieinthesk 10-15-2017 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Flightsoffusion (Post 2444598)
I have a phone interview with Elaine and a couple others on Thursday for a class I believe they're putting together at the end of the month. Was also told it was for possible contract work out of CRQ. So I'm a bit confused. Nothing new. Could you please outline the training schedule for a captains position? Duration, location, etc. Thank you in advance..

What did your interview with Elaine consist of?

Flightsoffusion 10-15-2017 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by arniepieinthesk (Post 2447693)

It was moved to 10/17

skipilot84 10-16-2017 03:11 AM

I’d tell you if I knew. I was hired when Surf still had their own certificate. I’ll ask around.

If I had to guess it’d be a series of TMAAT questions, or if you haven’t had a certain experience what would you do if you ended up in a certain scenario type of questions. Along with the standard HR questions such as: Why leave your current job? Why do you want to work here? What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?

Also, don’t bull**** her, she will see right through it. Just be honest.

Flightsoffusion 10-16-2017 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by skipilot84 (Post 2447905)
I’d tell you if I knew. I was hired when Surf still had their own certificate. I’ll ask around.

If I had to guess it’d be a series of TMAAT questions, or if you haven’t had a certain experience what would you do if you ended up in a certain scenario type of questions. Along with the standard HR questions such as: Why leave your current job? Why do you want to work here? What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?

Also, don’t bull**** her, she will see right through it. Just be honest.

Already spoke to her and Dan several times. Thanks..

Flightsoffusion 11-06-2017 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by arniepieinthesk (Post 2447693)

It was just a 30 minute "tell me about yourself" along with the latest that's happening at Encompass. Nice folks.

sf340b 11-08-2017 11:39 AM

Boutique, Surf Air, or PlaneSense?

Sound off.