Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   SurfAir (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/66586-surfair.html)

Theoneinall 08-16-2017 01:01 PM

What about getting based at BUR for an FO position?

skipilot84 08-16-2017 11:19 PM

The company needs people that already have an ATP as captains are in high demand right now. No matter what your feelings are on Street Captains, we need them. There will still be ample opportunity for internal upgrades.

As for FO's CRQ is filled right now and still has people that want CRQ that are already here. SBA has had some movement lately because of some internal upgrades.

NorCal (OAK/SQL/eventually SJC) & SoCal (BUR/HHR) would most likely be where new hires will end up, regardless of seat position. SBA & CRQ are pretty senior on the captain side of things.

But all of this said, the company wants to grow and take delivery of more airplanes so even though right now we are filling vacancies, the hiring should continue for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flightsoffusion 08-17-2017 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by skipilot84 (Post 2412118)
The company needs people that already have an ATP as captains are in high demand right now. No matter what your feelings are on Street Captains, we need them. There will still be ample opportunity for internal upgrades.

As for FO's CRQ is filled right now and still has people that want CRQ that are already here. SBA has had some movement lately because of some internal upgrades.

NorCal (OAK/SQL/eventually SJC) & SoCal (BUR/HHR) would most likely be where new hires will end up, regardless of seat position. SBA & CRQ are pretty senior on the captain side of things.

But all of this said, the company wants to grow and take delivery of more airplanes so even though right now we are filling vacancies, the hiring should continue for the foreseeable future.

I concur,
Spoke to Dan yesterday and it sounded like, even though I have SE/ME ATPS, holding a captain position in CRQ would be several months as many others are waiting for it also.

skruts 08-26-2017 03:11 PM

How has Encompass taking over affected the hiring process? All apps directly through the Encompass website now?

skipilot84 08-26-2017 05:35 PM

Yeah. That and email Elaine Jumes. [email protected]

MosquitoXEL 08-26-2017 08:57 PM

Are there any openings for a 260tt commercial pilot with unrelated bachelor's degree?

skipilot84 08-27-2017 09:22 AM

A degree is a degree, and they will totally hire low time ppl

BlueLine727 09-03-2017 03:12 PM

I am at 600 TT with a Lear 31 type rating plus king air time. Hoping to fly for Surf Air but have not gotten a response. Anyone know if I could drive from San Diego up to Hawthorne and turn in a resume in person? Seems like Surf would be a great flying job.

Theoneinall 09-20-2017 12:41 PM

Has hiring stopped?

Nopasta 10-05-2017 04:42 PM

Put an application in a few weeks ago haven't heard anything back.