Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   SurfAir (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/66586-surfair.html)

nfpilot914 07-10-2017 11:13 AM

Any idea what the pay if for a FO? Also if they do CASS? What a typical schedule is like? Thanks!

skipilot84 07-10-2017 11:39 AM

No CASS, a couple space available agreements. Our payscale is on airlinepilotcentral.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nfpilot914 07-10-2017 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by skipilot84 (Post 2392369)
No CASS, a couple space available agreements. Our payscale is on airlinepilotcentral.com

Okay thanks for pointing that out! Do you know any FOs who live away from base that commute at all with the agreements? And what their schedule is like if so? Thanks again!

iahflyr 07-11-2017 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by nfpilot914 (Post 2392378)
Okay thanks for pointing that out! Do you know any FOs who live away from base that commute at all with the agreements? And what their schedule is like if so? Thanks again!

Very doubtful.

1. Surf Air flies all day trips, so you would need a place to live, not just a standard crash pad.

2. Surf Air domicile are at small airports like HHR, CRQ, and SQL. None of those have airline service, so you would have to fly into a big airport and Uber to work.

3. Surf Air has cabin seat agreement, but not cockpit. That means you will always be the lowest of the low priority to get on the plane. Pilots are able to commute because they can take the cockpit jumpseat, or are first priority on their own airline. You get neither of these. Be ready for lots and lots of missed flights and airport appreciation time.

If you try to commute to fly for Surf Air, you will have the absolute worst QOL that I can possibly imagine. My suggestion is to move to California if you want to fly for Surf Air.

nfpilot914 07-11-2017 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by iahflyr (Post 2392789)
Very doubtful.

1. Surf Air flies all day trips, so you would need a place to live, not just a standard crash pad.

2. Surf Air domicile are at small airports like HHR, CRQ, and SQL. None of those have airline service, so you would have to fly into a big airport and Uber to work.

3. Surf Air has cabin seat agreement, but not cockpit. That means you will always be the lowest of the low priority to get on the plane. Pilots are able to commute because they can take the cockpit jumpseat, or are first priority on their own airline. You get neither of these. Be ready for lots and lots of missed flights and airport appreciation time.

If you try to commute to fly for Surf Air, you will have the absolute worst QOL that I can possibly imagine. My suggestion is to move to California if you want to fly for Surf Air.

Awesome thank you for the great information! Good to know!

intherightseat 07-11-2017 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by skipilot84 (Post 2392251)
Class of 14 FO's starting today. Also 8 internal upgrades in the pipeline with upgrade ground on both the 15th & 22nd

Damn that's a huge class. Did they just end up hiring everybody that interviewed?

David Puddy 07-12-2017 05:26 AM

[QUOTE=iahflyr;2392789]Very doubtful.

If you try to commute to fly for Surf Air, you will have the absolute worst QOL that I can possibly imagine. My suggestion is to move to California if you want to fly for Surf Air.[/QUOTE]

Or Texas with the RISE acquisition....

skipilot84 07-12-2017 10:45 AM

Yeah you definitely want to live in California. Maybe you could bid for a block schedule and commute within CA, but that's about it.

PetRock 07-13-2017 02:36 PM

Nice plug by BBC for Surf Air...

BBC - Capital - The man who takes a plane to work every day

David Puddy 07-14-2017 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by PetRock (Post 2393983)

That's a great video. No doubt Surf Air does provide good value for commuters like the guy in the video. :cool: