Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Old 12-17-2016, 11:17 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by mayanflyer View Post
Is there enough movement that most FO are upgrading once reaching 135 IFR mins?
Yes, immediately.

Originally Posted by Selfmade92 View Post
is it still bad at boutique to commute? i'm moving in january to FL with my GF, but would rather fly a PC12 than instruct. Is commuting still as bad as it was a few months back? Do they accept low hour FOs? I have 3 recommendation letters from when I was a Supervisor at a Major European Airline in New York?

Thanks guys, just another low time pilot trying to figure out where to go.
Define low-hour... as mentioned, around 600 hours seems to be the sweet spot with instructor experience. And yes, I'd advise against commuting.

Originally Posted by pilotscott View Post
Just wondering if anybody knows when they will do call backs. I had a phone interview in October and I'm still waiting. I was told if I didn't hear anything in 3 weeks that I would need to follow up. I have called and e-mailed and heard nothing. Can anyone help me with this
Not really, they're intentionally difficult to get a hold of regarding hiring. Keep submitting an updated resume as you build more time or other things change. If you're not ok with waiting indefinitely, time to start looking elsewhere and put BTQ on the back burner.

To all - hiring appears to have slowed significantly for the time being. Last class at the beginning of December had a bunch of new DFW pilots, mostly SICs. All of the other bases are about where they like them for staffing by the looks of it. Just FYI.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: Right Side

Has anyone applied for an FO position through Boutique's website directly? Did you get an email confirming receipt of your application? I applied and did not even get an acknowledgement.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:52 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2016

[QUOTE=RBZL;2264654]Yes, immediately.

Not at all bases....they are holding some FOs to seat lock policy. Not always, but it does happen. If the base doesn't need captains (maybe they hired to many street captains), they won't waive the seat lock.

I know one FO in DEN who has 1600 hrs and a year at the company. Wanted to upgrade....Nope, seat locked. Now he's in the right seat with captains who have both less TT and less seniority. That's an exception to the norm, but keep in mind you're not guaranteed an upgrade at 135 PIC mins.
Old 12-18-2016, 12:25 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Everyone I know has upgraded right away. Guessing there's more to that story - declined an upgrade earlier, wants to go to another base, has been written up for something and/or captains say he wouldn't make a good PIC, etc...
Old 12-18-2016, 06:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by vasbyt View Post
has anyone applied for an fo position through boutique's website directly? Did you get an email confirming receipt of your application? I applied and did not even get an acknowledgement.
anyone??????
Old 12-19-2016, 02:27 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by VASBYT View Post
anyone??????
When I applied last March I got an immediate email confirmation then two interviews in September.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:03 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Just giving an update of my experience so far with Boutique. I applied back in April and had about 700 hours at that time. I did receive the generic confirmation email, but that was it. A couple months ago I randomly received the email to schedule my initial HR interview. I certainly didn't expect to hear from them since it had been so long, especially since I don't have a CFI. But I scheduled the interview and started prepping for the inevitable HR questions.

On the day of the interview I sat next to my phone waiting for the call that never came. I thought maybe they were just running late, so I waited another hour. Nothing. Eventually I emailed them and for whatever reason I wasn't added to the call list for the day, but she said she could interview me right then. Okay, that works. So over the course of the interview, which was incredibly basic and straightforward, I quickly realized that this lady was being contracted by Boutique to screen applicants, essentially. It was a very unprofessional call where she was audibly yawning during our conversation, and kind of turned me off to the whole company. At the end it was clear that instead of this being a "we saw your resume and want to hire you" interview, it was more of a "your resume finally made it to the top of the screening pile" interview.

At the end of the call she said everything looks good except for not having had a previous paying aviation job. I've been towing gliders full-time for a couple of years, but it's for a club and I don't get paid to do it. So I guess that doesn't count.

I have yet to hear back from them about scheduling a technical interview, and I don't anticipate that call. I'm not at all bitter, I guess I was just hoping my first foray into the professional world of aviation would have been a little more... professional.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by Polar Tiger View Post
Good morning. Where are the King Air's based?
Thanks
DEN and soon in DFW.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by bmo42 View Post
Just giving an update of my experience so far with Boutique. I applied back in April and had about 700 hours at that time. I did receive the generic confirmation email, but that was it. A couple months ago I randomly received the email to schedule my initial HR interview. I certainly didn't expect to hear from them since it had been so long, especially since I don't have a CFI. But I scheduled the interview and started prepping for the inevitable HR questions.

On the day of the interview I sat next to my phone waiting for the call that never came. I thought maybe they were just running late, so I waited another hour. Nothing. Eventually I emailed them and for whatever reason I wasn't added to the call list for the day, but she said she could interview me right then. Okay, that works. So over the course of the interview, which was incredibly basic and straightforward, I quickly realized that this lady was being contracted by Boutique to screen applicants, essentially. It was a very unprofessional call where she was audibly yawning during our conversation, and kind of turned me off to the whole company. At the end it was clear that instead of this being a "we saw your resume and want to hire you" interview, it was more of a "your resume finally made it to the top of the screening pile" interview.

At the end of the call she said everything looks good except for not having had a previous paying aviation job. I've been towing gliders full-time for a couple of years, but it's for a club and I don't get paid to do it. So I guess that doesn't count.

I have yet to hear back from them about scheduling a technical interview, and I don't anticipate that call. I'm not at all bitter, I guess I was just hoping my first foray into the professional world of aviation would have been a little more... professional.
Thanks bmo42, seems like I may be in line to experience the same. Honestly, now that you have shared your experience, I know that I will not expect anything in terms of a call. I have no working experience as a pilot, but rather a dispatcher.

Moving on!

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-23-2016, 01:46 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2012

Originally Posted by VASBYT View Post
Thanks bmo42, seems like I may be in line to experience the same. Honestly, now that you have shared your experience, I know that I will not expect anything in terms of a call. I have no working experience as a pilot, but rather a dispatcher.

Moving on!

Happy Holidays!
I had the same experience with the HR questions and I'm still waiting for the technical question interview and that was back in October. I have over 1600 hours TT and I was hoping that this would be a good start to my career.