Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 12:55 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2017

40% of 150?
No.

People leave as contacts finish. Pretty standard. Hiring waves= congrats end at same time and people move on.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: CFI, CFII, MEI

Can anyone on property who is a pilot shoot me a PM?

Thanks
Old 01-13-2018, 03:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

How's quality of life in denver nowadays? I heard bad things multiple times. Not sure if that's true at all. Any info about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-15-2018, 12:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by trc8301 View Post
I'd love to see what some of you consider to be "pressure". I had times where they would ask me some questions about the situation, but never in my time there was I ever "pressured" to do anything. Stand by for some thicker skin training.
I feel like dispatch doesn't always word things well, which concerns me because there are a lot of pretty low time and inexperienced captains on property. I was recently sitting around waiting for my plane to be released from mx and the weather at destination was <1/4 mile. Dispatch said to me, "Aircraft is released from mx, just waiting on the crew for weather."

In my opinion, that should be worded differently. When the weather isn't legal to launch, there is no decision to be made. Nobody is waiting on the crew. The crew can't do anything.

"Aircraft is released from mx, wx is still down" or something along those lines would probably help to alleviate miscommunications between dispatch and flight crews that could make pilots feel pressured to fly in weather they shouldn't, especially with recent emails from corporate about flight crews needing to do more to help with on time departures.

fwiw, the weather came up enough to launch and then we diverted lol

Originally Posted by ForthFlyer View Post
Used to hear good things about them back in 2016. Buddy of mine left Boutique a couple months ago. Said things were not going so great. Hearing that 40% of all pilots have left in the last 90 days? Is turnover that bad?

That number is a bit high, but turnover is about where you would expect now that the regionals have all of their crazy bonuses. I went from 108-48 on the seniority list in 13 months. I'm leaving at the end of January, and I'm not a person who is bailing for a regional. It's tough to convince somebody to upgrade to left seat and extend their contract when they can simply wait a few more months and start building 121 time while making the same amount of money.

Boutique was initially ahead of the curve on pay/benefits, but they are now unfortunately lagging behind. The recent reduction in benefits to "normal" did not do them any favors in terms of recruitment. Such is the industry right now.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:25 AM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Boutique was initially ahead of the curve on pay/benefits, but they are now unfortunately lagging behind. The recent reduction in benefits to "normal" did not do them any favors in terms of recruitment. Such is the industry right now.
Interesting move and I think it'll bite them in the rear eventually. Reducing benefits isn't a great idea in this job market. We just introduced a 20k/24mo retention bonus to PICs. Year 2 CA makes over to 90k if you include per diems. $600 day rates too if you work a hard day off, so pretty easy to hit 6 figures.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by dera View Post
Interesting move and I think it'll bite them in the rear eventually. Reducing benefits isn't a great idea in this job market. We just introduced a 20k/24mo retention bonus to PICs. Year 2 CA makes over to 90k if you include per diems. $600 day rates too if you work a hard day off, so pretty easy to hit 6 figures.
I'm too dumb to figure out how to filter posts- who is we? lol

Boutique really was on the leading edge a year or so ago with pay and benefits, but as soon as the regionals came up... Tough to justify an upgrade if your plan is to go 121.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:11 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I'm too dumb to figure out how to filter posts- who is we? lol

Boutique really was on the leading edge a year or so ago with pay and benefits, but as soon as the regionals came up... Tough to justify an upgrade if your plan is to go 121.
We = Tradewind I thought I've stated the facts (or as Javichu calls it, bragged ) about TW often enough that everyone knows where I work
Old 01-15-2018, 03:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

I insist

Old 01-15-2018, 05:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by dera View Post
We = Tradewind I thought I've stated the facts (or as Javichu calls it, bragged ) about TW often enough that everyone knows where I work
Do not underestimate my inability to read!
Old 01-16-2018, 12:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Boutique Air

I just had an interview with them (again, I know).
I thought the process would have changed but apparently not a bit. HHRR call, fast pace, she's nice though. And then a technical call....'When', who knows.....within 3 months she said.

First time took me 6 months to get the technical interview, on a Sunday at 4pm btw.

Speechless. No bueno BTQ