Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 01:08 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

I hope people would just stop applying at BTQ, their hiring practices clearly still are nothing but a clown show.

I bet you'll hear from them again in 6 months. Or like another friend of mine, he "passed" both interviews, then got a "thanks but no thanks" 8 months later.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by dera View Post
I hope people would just stop applying at BTQ, their hiring practices clearly still are nothing but a clown show.

I bet you'll hear from them again in 6 months. Or like another friend of mine, he "passed" both interviews, then got a "thanks but no thanks" 8 months later.
This is crazy. I can't pass judgement on it as a company yet, but the experience with PlaneSense was overwhelmingly better than with BTQ. I heard about whether or not they liked my app within a week of submission, I got the call to interview less than a week after that, and once I interviewed I got the offer call 8 days later. Surely the two companies are seeing a similar amount of resumes.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:28 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
This is crazy. I can't pass judgement on it as a company yet, but the experience with PlaneSense was overwhelmingly better than with BTQ. I heard about whether or not they liked my app within a week of submission, I got the call to interview less than a week after that, and once I interviewed I got the offer call 8 days later. Surely the two companies are seeing a similar amount of resumes.
Yeah no ****. I applied at Tradewind, got the "screening" call in a week or so, scheduled the Skype interview (both HR and technical at the same time). At the end of that interview the asst. chief pilot who did my technical interview said he's going to recommend me for the sim eval. Next day they called to schedule that and book my flights for the sim, 3 days later I fly up there, get my rental car, drive to the hotel (all this provided by the company obviously), do my sim ride next morning, and get the job offer next business day. Class date 1.5 weeks from that.

I had similar experience with PlaneSense than you although I ended up cancelling my interview. I had my interview scheduled but it was later than my class date at TW, and they could only promise me a class date (if successful) in 2-3 months from successful interview, so I told them thanks but no thanks. Still - their HR seemed very nice and professional throughout the process.

Boutique HR just seems like a bad joke.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: CFI, CFII, MEI

Well I'm glad to hear its not that BTQ is just ignoring me. Applied for the FO position and haven't heard anything at all, in months, other then the automated email it sends out saying thanks for applying.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Armchair Capt

I've been playing phone tag for a week for the technical interview. Sat next to the phone all day Saturday...not impressed.
BTW, what's the 'technical' like?
Old 01-16-2018, 11:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

For a week :-) it took 6 months for me.
Pretty basic ifr stuff and a couple of scenario based questions. Easy interview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-16-2018, 11:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Aurora8 View Post
I've been playing phone tag for a week for the technical interview. Sat next to the phone all day Saturday...not impressed.
BTW, what's the 'technical' like?
No surprises on the technical- know systems of your current aircraft, how to brief an approach, and basic ifr stuff.

Maybe a tmaat or a wwyd scenario.

Best way to fastrack an interview/groundschool date is to have an internal reference.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012
Default International recommendation

Gotcha. Who wants to recommend me? :-)
I'm a good guy lol.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
Gotcha. Who wants to recommend me? :-)
I'm a good guy lol.
I would help you out but I've got one foot out the door! They probably don't want suggestions from me anymore lol
Old 01-17-2018, 11:00 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2016
Position: FO

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
I just had an interview with them (again, I know).
I thought the process would have changed but apparently not a bit. HHRR call, fast pace, she's nice though. And then a technical call....'When', who knows.....within 3 months she said.

First time took me 6 months to get the technical interview, on a Sunday at 4pm btw.

Speechless. No bueno BTQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Go to Tradewinds , Planesence , Molulele , Southern Air Express , keep looking . In 3 months you can probably go to be a captain at a 135 somewhere . Guarantee when you have 1200 they will give you the job within 3 days.