Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

User Tag List

Old 12-13-2018, 01:46 AM   #301  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Absolutely agree on experience level (at the FO level as well) and changes for the better by exerting positive influence. Good man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
My main concern at Boutique was that there were a lot of fairly inexperienced/new captains who would feel pressured to fly in conditions that they might not be comfortable with for fear of getting into trouble, written up, etc. This could include weather, maintenance deferrals, single pilot ops, whatever.

I was pressured multiple times not to write things up by mx control while at Boutique, but I did it anyway because I am comfortable making those choices. Heck, I'm the reason that PDX got a deice cart, AC cart, and some chairs for non-local pilots to rest in on the long sits (the chairs kinda suck, unfortunately, but they recline which was better than what we had before). Things actually changed for the better whenever I put my foot down, but I was always concerned that many captains with less experience making decisions didn't have the courage to do the same for fear of retribution.
Flaps8posrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:38 PM   #302  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

How are the flight benefits that Boutique employees have on Alaska, Frontier and United? Thanks
colonials13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:20 PM   #303  
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Not good. You have the second to last standby priority code. Using the ZED fairs on international flights are typically much easier because the flights aren’t as full. Domestic is much tougher, especially going to places like Hawaii.
DirtyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:35 AM   #304  
Gets Weekends Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMike View Post
Not good. You have the second to last standby priority code. Using the ZED fairs on international flights are typically much easier because the flights aren’t as full. Domestic is much tougher, especially going to places like Hawaii.
Thanks for the clarification
Old 01-26-2019, 09:17 AM   #305  
Gets Weekends Off

Default February class

Anyone in the February 4 class?
Old 01-29-2019, 07:32 AM   #306  
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2017
Default Atlanta Base

Does anyone know what the schedule would be like if based in Atlanta?
WHDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:28 PM   #307  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHDC View Post
Does anyone know what the schedule would be like if based in Atlanta?
Schedules are basically the same, no matter which domicile you are based in. You go to work, fly back and forth, spend the night at an outstation then return home after flying back and forth the next day.
Flaps8posrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:07 PM   #308  
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaps8posrate View Post
Schedules are basically the same, no matter which domicile you are based in. You go to work, fly back and forth, spend the night at an outstation then return home after flying back and forth the next day.

At least that's how they said it should be when I joined.

In reality it quickly became go to work, fly back and forth, spend the night at an outstation. Then wake up, fly all day, and spend another night in the outstation. Then wake up and if you're lucky fly a half day and go home- or fly all damn day and spend another night in the outstation. Then maybe fly half a day and go home. Drop off dry cleaning, pick up dry cleaning, sleep, repeat.

As a low seniority guy at ATL, you might expect to get sent to PIT and BOS when the need arises. (And MSS is no fun this time of year....)
MostlyHarmless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:43 PM   #309  
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Default PC-12 training

Is all PC-12 initial training done in Denver? You stay in a house, not a hotel room? What are chances of getting DFW base as PC-12 CA? How many overnights a month? Are junior CA's sitting on full month reserve?

Thanks for info. Phone interview on Friday.
jjeppson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:39 PM   #310  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
At least that's how they said it should be when I joined.

In reality it quickly became go to work, fly back and forth, spend the night at an outstation. Then wake up, fly all day, and spend another night in the outstation. Then wake up and if you're lucky fly a half day and go home- or fly all damn day and spend another night in the outstation. Then maybe fly half a day and go home. Drop off dry cleaning, pick up dry cleaning, sleep, repeat.

As a low seniority guy at ATL, you might expect to get sent to PIT and BOS when the need arises. (And MSS is no fun this time of year....)

Once you go home, how many days off do you typically get before you go back to work? A while back I read that the schedules are usually 4on/3off with a minimum of 12 days off, so not sure if this has changed.
wmarti31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boutique btq 4b