Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air - Updated Info

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 09:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

That was the nice thing about the PDX base, if they ever needed us to work elsewhere it was LAX so we weren't hopping time zones at all.

It did however, really suck taxiing for 60 minutes just to make a 30 minute flight to Inyokern. I only went to LA a few times, but once I burned more fuel on taxi than I did on the flight, lmao.

Looks like the new contract is in fact 2 years and 14k, like somebody mentioned earlier. Guess that's one way to try to keep people from jumping to regionals once they hit 1500.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:56 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Looks like the new contract is in fact 2 years and 14k, like somebody mentioned earlier. Guess that's one way to try to keep people from jumping to regionals once they hit 1500.

wow...

almost makes more sense to instruct for 2 years with a $0 contract

instructors are being hired anywhere and everywhere right now, with bonuses etc.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Azorian View Post
wow...

almost makes more sense to instruct for 2 years with a $0 contract

instructors are being hired anywhere and everywhere right now, with bonuses etc.
Yeah, but then you have to get a CFI and that isn't always in the budget for people.

Why can't everybody just do what I did, run into a classmate at a bar while saving up for my CFI and then fortunately falling into an aerial survey job?! Kids these days don't know how to pay their dues smh
Old 08-20-2018, 10:21 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Yeah, but then you have to get a CFI and that isn't always in the budget for people.

Why can't everybody just do what I did, run into a classmate at a bar while saving up for my CFI and then fortunately falling into an aerial survey job?! Kids these days don't know how to pay their dues smh
hahaha

almost exactly how i ended up with my CFI, never wanted to be a CFI

got my commercial about a month before 9/11 and all the job prospects dried up. met a buddy at a bar and agreed to go tag team a CFI course with a couple of other folks for a group discount

turned out i really enjoyed instructing though! did it heavily for almost 5 years
Old 08-20-2018, 11:03 AM
CFIing

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Is Boutique air taking captains right at 135 mins? Also what is the training contract for captains?
Old 08-20-2018, 11:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by jrav8r View Post
Is Boutique air taking captains right at 135 mins? Also what is the training contract for captains?
I'm sure they are still upgrading people right at mins, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are taking street captains at about the same. I friend of mine just got an offer at 1600.

I'm assuming the contract is the same 2yr/14k as mentioned above for captains, but I don't know for certain.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:52 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2017

From"Quality of life matters" to a 2
year contract.. even Great Lakes couldn't pull that off.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Question

What base will one likely get as SIC?

How many hours can one expect as SIC?

How much money will one make as SIC?
Old 09-04-2018, 07:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Default BTQ FO Questions

[I’m a Captain, but I’ll answer
QUOTE=SonicFlyer;2667771]What base will one likely get as SIC?

Depends on the need at the time. Since May here are the statistics for new hire FOs: BOS 1, DFW 1, PHX 1, DEN 6, ATL 1, PDT 0, LAX 0

How many hours can one expect as SIC?
AT DEN, 60 to 90, I know one in DFW a couple of months ago who flew almost 120. That 60 to 90 is pretty representative, system wide.

How much money will one make as SIC?[/QUOTE]
25 / hr. $1 more at DEN, $2 more at LAX

Other info:
1) They need King Air FOs at DFW
2) If you are super low time (around 300+TT) get a job as a ramper or CSA, we hire internally at 300-330 hrs
3) Don’t expect a call or email in response to your application, they call you out of the blue at some point. Just expect a lack of communication and be pleasantly surprised when you get a call. Yes, I know it is frustrating and even we deal with lack of responsiveness from management. The Assistant Chief Pilots are good at getting back to you.
4) Get an internal rec
5) Be professional with your resume and in your interview
6) I personally know FOs whose ages range from 21 to mid 40s
7) If you get hired, don’t whine about your job, we don’t want to hear it and you won’t get help from the Captains if you do.
8) Always be a Captain-In-Training, as Jason says, “A good pilot is always learning!”
9) Don’t pretend or think you know everything, because you don’t and that is really irritating to the Captains you fly with.
10) If you get hired, just remember scheduling doesn’t hate you, work on building relationships, as they and dispatch are really quite nice people.
11) Good luck, enjoy it for what it is - a good time building job in a wonderful flying turboprop that doesn’t pay diddly squat.
I’ll take PMs, if anyone wants the straight scoop...
Old 09-04-2018, 10:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Jason rules, next time you see him ask about the time he borrowed my car and then crashed it lmao.

Wish I had gotten to work with him more often, I only saw him when he visited our base. Great dude, and really sharp.