Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
10830  11330  11730  11780  11820  11826  11827  11828  11829  11830  11831  11832  11833  11834  11840  11880  11930  12330  12830 
Page 11830 of 20173
Go to
Quote: That being said- why on earth would the majority of the airline vote in a TA that guarantees 60+% of them won't have a job in 2 years?
A promise of a Delta job.

Just as Comair used to say "being owned by Delta means everything..
Quote:
A flow through is just a union facilitated outsourcing scheme.

The criteria is simple. Do they have a Delta seniority number? If not, my MEC has no business meddling in their business.
absolutely.

WE ARE NOT PAYING DUES MONEY TO FURTHER A DCI PILOT'S CAREER.

DALPA can't even adequately represent us. Wasting any of our dues money on pilots not on our list is inept, inane, and incomprehensible.
OBE...............
Quote: There are going to be a few names that will be a gauge to how well it works. A number of the people at the top of the 9E list shouldn't be trusted with flying an airliner...
... and those are my concern as well.

Ironic that Slowplay, who is going to have to work with them is unconcerned. We will be too close in seniority to have one of these guys in our right seat and that point is so far off in the future that mortality tables probably have more bearing on the issue than bidding.
Quote: That certainly wasn't what you argued regarding Compass...they didn't have Delta seniority numbers either.

Nice straw man. Try again.
I thought the Compass issue was a Hail Mary pass to get some of the E175's flying at the mainline.
Quote: absolutely.

I AM NOT PAYING DUES MONEY TO FURTHER A DCI PILOT'S CAREER.

DALPA can't even adequately represent us. Wasting any of our dues money on pilots not on our list is inept, inane, and incomprehensible.
We will see what happened. Hard to tell, yet. If this comes to pass perhaps a group needs to get together and go to Flight Ops Management and voice our specific concerns.

Once they are here they are Delta pilots and deserving of the respect and representation that gets them.
Quote: but compass plus had a NWA interview, so yeah they didn't have a number but they had cleared a mainline sanctioned interview and all of them were to flow meaning they would have a number without another interview process, right?
Bingo. How many of these PNCL guys have sit through a NWA captain/HR panel interview? Also had the NWA medical and 727 SIM (which was probably useless butttt..)
Quote: Bingo. How many of these PNCL guys have sit through a NWA captain/HR panel interview? Also had the NWA medical and 727 SIM (which was probably useless butttt..)
There will be an interview before you can flow that much we know so far. It probably won't be as difficult as off the street though.
Quote: There will be an interview before you can flow that much we know so far. It probably won't be as difficult as off the street though.
Huh?

Interview before a flow? Wouldn't that just mean guaranteed interviews and at some sort of rate per month or class, not really a flow? That is what that sounds like to me.

They kick the degree requirement too?
I really hope that the PNCL guys aren't clueless enough to fall for some false pretense of a flow anyway. Since the CP/XJ guys get first dibs even BEFORE off the street hires as is stated in our contract It would be a long time before any 9E guy sees a Delta #. They need to read this TA for what it is and base their decision on what is within regardless of flow or not.

A lot going on this week. American voted in a new contract, United voted in a new contract and 9E has a TA coming their way for vote. Things moving quickly.
10830  11330  11730  11780  11820  11826  11827  11828  11829  11830  11831  11832  11833  11834  11840  11880  11930  12330  12830 
Page 11830 of 20173
Go to