Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
11801  12301  12701  12751  12791  12797  12798  12799  12800  12801  12802  12803  12804  12805  12811  12851  12901  13301  13801 
Page 12801 of 20173
Go to
Quote: Best $100 I ever spent even if I don't get international trips. It brightened my outlook on commuting because I always know exactly how long it will take to get through security.
For the "frugal" airline pilots, you can enroll in NEXUS for $50. You are part of the trusted traveler program, which provides access to Pre Check. As of last year, NEXUS members are eligible to use the Global Entry Kiosks. The downside is that you must visit a NEXUS enrollment center, which are only along the Canadian border. The Global Entry interview can be done at more locations.

Children are free to enroll in NEXUS vs. $100 for Global Entry.

Dad $50, Mom $50, Three kids $0. $400 savings for a family of 5.

I (have a friend who) planned a long layover in DTW on a family trip, just to save $400 in Global Entry fees.

For those near the Mexican border, SENTRI is free for the kids. Adults are $122.25 for SENTRI.
I'm thru DTW with the family a lot... where is this Nexus signup place? I have never even heard of this! thx
Quote: I'm thru DTW with the family a lot... where is this Nexus signup place? I have never even heard of this! thx

Just google Nexus and follow the link. It was on the first page when I did it. It will explain the program.

Denny
Quote: I'm thru DTW with the family a lot... where is this Nexus signup place? I have never even heard of this! thx
When I did the NEXUS (instead of Global Entry) the application I hear is very similar. The interview was at the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit (or the Blue Water Bridge) instead of at an Airport. About 25 minutes by car E of the airport. Interview was short - just ask them to enroll you in Global Entry too - it's no extra effort for you or the ICE agent, they just check a box in the computer.

Nexus is actually designed for US <-> Canada crossings and SENTRI is for US <-> Mexico, but both work for Global Entry. Nexus gets a little card (don't know if Global Entry gets one) that allow you to use the short lines at the Border crossing to/from Canada.

Best $50 I ever spent.
Quote: When I did the NEXUS (instead of Global Entry) the application I hear is very similar. The interview was at the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit (or the Blue Water Bridge) instead of at an Airport. About 25 minutes by car E of the airport. Interview was short - just ask them to enroll you in Global Entry too - it's no extra effort for you or the ICE agent, they just check a box in the computer.

Nexus is actually designed for US <-> Canada crossings and SENTRI is for US <-> Mexico, but both work for Global Entry. Nexus gets a little card (don't know if Global Entry gets one) that allow you to use the short lines at the Border crossing to/from Canada.

Best $50 I ever spent.
- Is that $50 forever?

- Would they have a problem with a pilot who lives near a NEXUS spot (such as that bridge office) who never drives across the border ever, but would like to use NEXUS to expedite coming back in through Canada and also as a way to get into Global Entry at the same time?
Back End DH Deviation for Reserve Trip
Guys,

If you deviate from a DH on the back of a trip and it eliminates a layover when are you again on the hook as a Reserve Pilot?

Example: if you are scheduled to layover on a Thursday night and just DH home on Friday AM but switch your DH to a Thursday night DH home, when are you back on call again? Can you get called out 9 hours (or is it 12?) after you actually get back to base?

In other words is your next availability based on your scheduled trip or the actual time that you get home?

Thanks Scoop
Quote: Guys,

If you deviate from a DH on the back of a trip and it eliminates a layover when are you again on the hook as a Reserve Pilot?

Example: if you are scheduled to layover on a Thursday night and just DH home on Friday AM but switch your DH to a Thursday night DH home, when are you back on call again? Can you get called out 9 hours (or is it 12?) after you actually get back to base?

In other words is your next availability based on your scheduled trip or the actual time that you get home?

Thanks Scoop
Your availability is based on your scheduled trip. Enjoy!
Quote: Guys,

Thanks Scoop
I'm fairly sure it's from the end of the scheduled trip. Not from the deviation.
Quote: Your availability is based on your scheduled trip. Enjoy!
Yes. What 80 said.
YouTube
11801  12301  12701  12751  12791  12797  12798  12799  12800  12801  12802  12803  12804  12805  12811  12851  12901  13301  13801 
Page 12801 of 20173
Go to