Great Lakes' Part 135 plan

Subscribe
33  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  53 
Page 43 of 85
Go to
Quote: That's funny, I thought they had just obtained FAA approval to fly with seats removed on a downgraded 135 ticket using 500-hour right-seaters.
They have. People are getting offers with 500 hours. My question is can a 500 hour wonder shoot adf approaches and use an rmi and still get through training.
Quote: They have. People are getting offers with 500 hours. My question is can a 500 hour wonder shoot adf approaches and use an rmi and still get through training.
Any instrument rated pilot should
How do you figure? NDB's are going away and having the instrument rating doesn't mean you have seen every single approach.
Quote: How do you figure? NDB's are going away and having the instrument rating doesn't mean you have seen every single approach.
Do you think that with the 135 plan that this will be the first time that GLA has hired 500 hour pilots?
Of course not. I just have a few friends over there that said their training wasn't easy. Not saying a 500 hour pilot won't make it. I am just interested to know who does and who doesn't.
Quote: Of course not. I just have a few friends over there that said their training wasn't easy. Not saying a 500 hour pilot won't make it. I am just interested to know who does and who doesn't.
I do respect the fundamental IFR skills of the Lakes pilot group. I haven't worked there, but have heard good things about the training and the pilot group. I have heard the training is rigorous. I am disapointed the pilots weren't able to attain a better contract, though.
Are you referring to the 15 month pro rated contract?
Quote: Are you referring to the 15 month pro rated contract?
(I assume you were talking to me)... I just meant their payscales in general, as far as I know, those have not gone up. I have heard rumors that the new deal is that new hires are held to a three year contract...Can anyone verify if this true? If so, is this a pro rated contract?
A friend of mine just got hired. He told me that it is a 15 month contract which starts AFTER training is completed (not paid during training).
If great mistakes had been approved for this 9 seat 135-sh** show, wouldn't they have made an announcement/press release so all the wet commercials would know to apply to them?
33  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  53 
Page 43 of 85
Go to