Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
3475  3975  4375  4425  4465  4471  4472  4473  4474  4475  4476  4477  4478  4479  4485  4525  4575  4975  5475 
Page 4475 of 20173
Go to
Quote: Next time any of you guys are in BNA and going to ATL, please note they will not allow you to call ahead and try to get a release coordinated with Atlanta in advance to prevent a wait. We called 3 times, rejected all 3. They said they would call when they saw us taxing, which they did, we incurred a 45 minute wait, landed very late. We questioned them, they were ready for a fight and gave one over ground, we got lectured on the fact that airports close to ATL have delays- everyday. Odd, I guess we wouldn't know about that since our job is to fly to all of those close in airports. Anyways, we just asked for a phone number but Dispatch gave us some better numbers so we had some good internal people to talk too that were very receptive considering the delay this puts on our flights.

So I am on a rampage, everytime I go in there from here on out I am going to pepper them with "hey, we'll be pushing at 2125 and be ready to go by 2135, can you coordinate to get our release for 2135 LIKE THEY DO IN PNS AND JAX among others."

It could me a ZEM thing, don't know, either way, it caused someone who is very laid back to come unglued. Me.

FTB, came unglued. Very rare. Its actually a non-event, kind of like an engine shutdown on an Avro, you might not know it happened because you're not really going that fast to begin with.
Funny I've been getting BNA lots recently, actually heading there today. Will try to get an early/expedited release to avoid the delay....
Quote: Maybe you need to hand out some APC case stickers for identification purposes.

No need for that!!!!
Quote: Ah well this isn't helping, now I don't know your real name. Or do I? Crap, you know I'm just getting screwed again here. I am the defender of my passengers, the protector of my employer, the lead... the follower of men, and nobody wants to tell me my real name or yours and its just like the Nashville thing all over again and I'm just going to end up being really late.
Think ZEN thoughts and chant "hum, hum, hum, hum.......!

I figure I'll recognize you in the terminal someday as the only pilot in a big yellow suit with feathers and wearing his hat!!

Denny
Quote: [/b]

Truer words were never spoken! I will probably be sitting a lot more reserve now and I have GOT to re-familiarize (is that a word?) myself with all the reserve rules again. I'm sure I'll get bitten a time or two but hopefully not for the same thing twice!!

Hey, what are you doing up so late!?! That is, if you are on the east coast........

Denny
Denny,

I just shot you a PM....
Quote: Please, please, please tell me this means NO MORE HARDSTANDS!!!!

I HATE those things. So embarrassing @ JFK.
It means LOTS of hardstands... when T3 is returned to the great asbestos god, it will all be hardstand parking...
Quote: Hey Gentlemen,

If you do a green slip on reserve do you get paid the reserve pay for the trip on top of gurantee, or the regular pay for the trip?

We haven't been paying attention... tsk tsk tsk
Quote: Think ZEN thoughts and chant "hum, hum, hum, hum.......!
Denny
I thought it's "hum........I'm one with the widget, I'm one with the widget....hum"
I was just looking at the thread about Alaska starting Bellingham to HNL, any rumor that we may get a or two SEA to HNL back?

Is there anything new in the new SEA 7ER bid package?
Quote: We haven't been paying attention... tsk tsk tsk
Yes. I am guilty. With 44,000+ posts, a lot of things slip through my sieve...
Quote: Yes. I am guilty. With 44,000+ posts, a lot of things slip through my sieve...

PM comin' atcha
3475  3975  4375  4425  4465  4471  4472  4473  4474  4475  4476  4477  4478  4479  4485  4525  4575  4975  5475 
Page 4475 of 20173
Go to