DL Hiring: New Process

Subscribe
364  414  454  460  461  462  463  464  465  466  467  468  474 
Page 464 of 511
Go to
Anyone who has been hired in the past 6 weeks or so have a good timeline of how long from CJO to background clear to class date is like right now? Got a CJO almost 2 weeks ago, have done all of the requested paperwork for background check (so far). Now just seems like a waiting game for either more information on background check/waiting for that to clear.
Hey just wondering what yall think here. I got the TT email back in June still waiting for the AON. Currently at a regional but just got a CJO from swa and interview with AA here shortly. Should I add FO SWA under employment with a comment that says CJO or somehow reference the fact on my resume or application that their competitor has made an offer or is it better to wait until my first day then update the app?

Thanks for the tips guys really hoping to stop commuting and fly for Delta
Quote: Hey just wondering what yall think here. I got the TT email back in June still waiting for the AON. Currently at a regional but just got a CJO from swa and interview with AA here shortly. Should I add FO SWA under employment with a comment that says CJO or somehow reference the fact on my resume or application that their competitor has made an offer or is it better to wait until my first day then update the app?

Thanks for the tips guys really hoping to stop commuting and fly for Delta

yes

ten charecters
Quote: Hey just wondering what yall think here. I got the TT email back in June still waiting for the AON. Currently at a regional but just got a CJO from swa and interview with AA here shortly. Should I add FO SWA under employment with a comment that says CJO or somehow reference the fact on my resume or application that their competitor has made an offer or is it better to wait until my first day then update the app? Thanks for the tips guys really hoping to stop commuting and fly for Delta
You're not employed by SWA, don't put them down as an employer until your first day. If Delta hires you and you have SWA employment on your application, the background check company will be going to SWA for employment verification and PRIA records. Then it will become obvious that your application is a lie. Wouldn't be a good look.
Quote: You're not employed by SWA, don't put them down as an employer until your first day. If Delta hires you and you have SWA employment on your application, the background check company will be going to SWA for employment verification and PRIA records. Then it will become obvious that your application is a lie. Wouldn't be a good look.

100% agree
Quote: 100% agree
+1. You are overthinking it. If you got hired by SWA, then the DL folks reviewing and scoring your app will see the same resume/CV SWA did.

Being at a regional is plenty good enough to get the call, and that’s all you are doing with your app. Getting noticed and being put on a list to call.

Good luck!
Quote: Anyone who has been hired in the past 6 weeks or so have a good timeline of how long from CJO to background clear to class date is like right now? Got a CJO almost 2 weeks ago, have done all of the requested paperwork for background check (so far). Now just seems like a waiting game for either more information on background check/waiting for that to clear.
CJO to background check complete (assuming no PARB and nothing weird in the background) is typically 1-2 weeks. CJO to class date is currently around 14 weeks. Part of that is due to end-of-year smaller classes and holiday weeks with no class. I won't be surprised to see that come back down to 10-12 weeks sometime shortly after the new year, but plan 12-14 weeks for now.
Quote: You're not employed by SWA, don't put them down as an employer until your first day. If Delta hires you and you have SWA employment on your application, the background check company will be going to SWA for employment verification and PRIA records. Then it will become obvious that your application is a lie. Wouldn't be a good look.
Yeah that's a great point that's not something I considered.

On a side note does anyone know how the AON tests get sent out? just asking since it sounds like there are guys who got their initial email in Aug now getting the test and I was in June. Something to reach out about or just keep waiting?
Quote: ...On a side note does anyone know how the AON tests get sent out? just asking since it sounds like there are guys who got their initial email in Aug now getting the test and I was in June. Something to reach out about or just keep waiting?
The assessments are completed online. The link for the invite is sent via email.

As for your other question...I don't know. I've heard of people who's AON invite was delayed due to details on their app, like having a later availability date or something like that. Otherwise I'm not sure.
Quote: Yeah that's a great point that's not something I considered.

On a side note does anyone know how the AON tests get sent out? just asking since it sounds like there are guys who got their initial email in Aug now getting the test and I was in June. Something to reach out about or just keep waiting?
Reaching out will accomplish nothing. You get the assessment when you get the assessment. It's an email link that comes from airline apps. If your availability date is set farther out than "2 weeks notice" it can impact the timing of when you receive the assessment invitation.
364  414  454  460  461  462  463  464  465  466  467  468  474 
Page 464 of 511
Go to