Delta Hiring News

Subscribe
74  474  524  564  570  571  572  573  574  575  576  577  578  584  624  674  1074 
Page 574 of 1123
Go to
Quote: Sept hire...Non-flow or SSP here. Suspended license when I was 16, two speeding tickets within the last 4 years, <3.0 GPA, no masters, not an IP (mil), right at 2,000 TT. There is hope for even us "normal" people.
What did/do you fly? Mil fighters? Less than 3.0... what was it?
Quote: Sept hire...Non-flow or SSP here. Suspended license when I was 16, two speeding tickets within the last 4 years, <3.0 GPA, no masters, not an IP (mil), right at 2,000 TT. There is hope for even us "normal" people.
Crewdawg,

That is why I as the question. On this very thread you keep hearing about how they score your application then those that have the high score, whatever that is, get the call for an interview. With the creds you listed it doesn't jive with getting an interview at such a low amount of flight time.

I understand how people get to explain it to the interviewers, once they get the call. The question is how are they getting the call.
Quote: Crewdawg,

That is why I as the question. On this very thread you keep hearing about how they score your application then those that have the high score, whatever that is, get the call for an interview. With the creds you listed it doesn't jive with getting an interview at such a low amount of flight time.

I understand how people get to explain it to the interviewers, once they get the call. The question is how are they getting the call.
Does it matter though? Delta hired a RJ FO in November '13 that had started flight training in Feb '10. Sometimes it's luck and good connections.
Quote: Does it matter though? Delta hired a RJ FO in November '13 that had started flight training in Feb '10. Sometimes it's luck and good connections.
Delta had no newhire classes between 10/26/2010 and 1/13/2014. Was November 2013 the timing of the interview/CJO, because it certainly wasn't when anyone was hired?
Quote: Delta had no newhire classes between 10/26/2010 and 1/13/2014. Was November 2013 the timing of the interview/CJO, because it certainly wasn't when anyone was hired?
Correct. CJO and then class in Summer.
Congrats!

Did you happen to bring any kind of, er, "diverse" background to the table?
Quote: Does it matter though? Delta hired a RJ FO in November '13 that had started flight training in Feb '10. Sometimes it's luck and good connections.
Which brings me back to how is it that some people seem to need a PhD, 10,000 hours shuttle time a letter of rec from the president and still don't score enough to get a call, however suspended license, 2,000 hours and a gpa outside of the range that people in the know here say won't get you looked at and gets the call early on. Good for him, yes... However it makes some us wonder what is going on.
HR's at every company sometimes take people from the bottom of the pile just to see how they will do in the interview process. It's straight up luck.
Military pilots are not at the "bottom of the pile."
Quote: Military pilots are not at the "bottom of the pile."
What he meant was, bottom of the pile relative to their peer group in a competitive spectrum.
74  474  524  564  570  571  572  573  574  575  576  577  578  584  624  674  1074 
Page 574 of 1123
Go to