Changing the Beard Rule

Subscribe
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  25 
Page 15 of 48
Go to
Well-groomed beards seem to be fashionable these days, which I believe means they wouldn't detract from the professional image. Personally a 1/4 inch beard is part of my "residual self image" as described by Morpheus in The Matrix. My biggest concern is the amount of subjectivity in who should and should not be allowed to grow one. Some dudes can't grow decent beards and shouldn't be permitted to walk around with scraggly-looking garbage just because the hairs are within a certain length. Where is the line drawn? Does a chief pilot become an official beard judge to tell individual pilots yay or nay? From a management perspective it's better to just say no to all.
Quote: My biggest concern is the amount of subjectivity in who should and should not be allowed to grow one. Some dudes can't grow decent beards and shouldn't be permitted to walk around with scraggly-looking garbage just because the hairs are within a certain length. Where is the line drawn? Does a chief pilot become an official beard judge to tell individual pilots yay or nay?
Wouldn't this also apply to people with receding hair lines?

I mean I've seen some people going bald that look pretty ridiculous.

Quote: From a management perspective it's better to just say no to all.
That's called lazy, half-assed management.
now we are talking! shaved heads for EVERYONE, no longer will I feel so left out.
Quote: This is simply more millennial stupidity.
Your generation is just a stupid, I promise you that. Enjoy your XXL non-fitted pilot shirts, taxiiing slow, captain is god mentality, and doing nothing but complaining about pay while disregarding QOL completely.

Differing points of view, not stupidity.
Hey! That sounds like me!

I'm gonna go have a small Americano.

Plane Coffee
Quote: Did you have a beard when you were hired, in your interview?

No?

Keep coming to work that way. Problem solved.

Don't want to shave? Don't come to work. Solved.
Valid solutions.
Quote: now we are talking! shaved heads for EVERYONE, no longer will I feel so left out.
No need to feel left out! Be a Millennial poser!....

https://www.wish.com/m/c/575c170e6b3...yABEgLmLvD_BwE
Quote: No need to feel left out! Be a Millennial poser!....

https://www.wish.com/m/c/575c170e6b3...yABEgLmLvD_BwE
Classic! I have hair on my nugget and I still want to buy some of these.
Quote: Your generation is just a stupid, I...
You forgot your spell checker, brightspark.
Heck, i'm 46 and I have a shaved head. I'd love to be able to at least have a trimmed goatee to offset my Steve-from-Jerry-Springer look I have going now.
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  25 
Page 15 of 48
Go to