Hageland Aviation-Ravn Alaska

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16 
Page 6 of 25
Go to
Quote: I can almost guarantee that they will put you directly into a sled if you apply with sled time and over 1000 TT.

They're upgrading some guys into it as low as 750 right now, but that's obviously a lot easier than doing it off the street.

In my ground school last year I think one street sled driver was around 1400 or so? I had 2500 with a year and a winter of AK experience and my ATP scheduled the week after training and I still went into a sled instead of a van to start lmao.

So it's a bit hit or miss.
I'm currently under contract until mid-November, I should have close-ish to 1000 then, with around 200 in a 207. Let's see if I get a call back then.
Quote: I'm currently under contract until mid-November, I should have close-ish to 1000 then, with around 200 in a 207. Let's see if I get a call back then.
Are you flying sleds in Page? Can't hurt to add mountain time to your resume. They don't really do much "mountain" flying with the sleds but it can't hurt.
Quote: Are you flying sleds in Page? Can't hurt to add mountain time to your resume. They don't really do much "mountain" flying with the sleds but it can't hurt.
Yep, I'm here in Page, flying Turbo sleds, in every imaginable point of the W&B envelope. Fun flying when density altitude is close to 8000ft, and you are at 3816lbs and within 0.1" of aft CG
I'm not sure how many hours I should log as "mountain time", I'll probably just add it as an additional item on "relevant experience".
I do love the plane though. I'd love an Alaska gig flying them.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text...t-95/subpart-B

https://airresearch.com/Pilots/AIM-0...5/F0506002.gif

That's your mountainous terrain.
Quote: Nope- The progression goes:

Right seat 208
Right seat 1900 (if you have a multi ticket)
Left seat 207
Left seat 208

Plenty of people stop there, but if you have a multi ticket they'll probably eventually want you to have your ATP so they can dual qual you in a Navajo.

No idea how long it takes to get into a 1900 left seat right now, but probably a while.
No multi-time here. Thanks for the insight!
Any word on calls back?
Quote: Any word on calls back?
I interviewed on the 9th and still haven't heard anything. Glad I'm not the only one!
Quote: Any word on calls back?
I have a friend who interviewed there on the 8th, they just sent him an email on Friday saying he got the job. No word on class date yet.
Quote: Nope- The progression goes:

Right seat 208
Right seat 1900 (if you have a multi ticket)
Left seat 207
Left seat 208

Plenty of people stop there, but if you have a multi ticket they'll probably eventually want you to have your ATP so they can dual qual you in a Navajo.

No idea how long it takes to get into a 1900 left seat right now, but probably a while.
What are the mins for FO? Would they consider someone with a wet commercial?
Quote: What are the mins for FO? Would they consider someone with a wet commercial?
Yes.

Filler
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16 
Page 6 of 25
Go to