Subscribe
11  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  31  71  121 
Page 21 of 281
Go to
Quote: Here are the choices for the August 22nd class:

14 LAX/FO/320/I
14 LGA/FO/737/D
5 PHL/FO/190/I
What kind of routes does the 190 International do?
Quote: What kind of routes does the 190 International do?
All the garden spots you can dream of.

Paris, Milan, Hawaii are all viable destinations when you fly the 190 and use your nonrev/js travel privileges.
LUS was all International qualified by default, so after the merger all previous LUS bases and pilots are International Qualled. LAA was split up 737 Domestic and 737 International as an example. our new contract allows the company to merge everyone to International if they want. They are starting to do that with the MIA 320 in May...IIRC. I think the LAA guys were not wanting it to change, due to two statuses requiring more pilots. On a personal level though, I think it will be better as one bid status.

The 190 does fly to the Bahamas and does some off season Caribbean work as well.

Changes all the time but it has gone to Grand Cayman, Nassau, Freeport, Providenciales and maybe some others over the years.
Quote: LUS was all International qualified by default, so after the merger all previous LUS bases and pilots are International Qualled. LAA was split up 737 Domestic and 737 International as an example. our new contract allows the company to merge everyone to International if they want. They are starting to do that with the MIA 320 in May...IIRC. I think the LAA guys were not wanting it to change, due to two statuses requiring more pilots. On a personal level though, I think it will be better as one bid status.

The 190 does fly to the Bahamas and does some off season Caribbean work as well.
For most of the line guys I know, myself included, the issue is that we don't want to fly narrow body "international", and the split status allowed us to do that. Many of us would prefer not to go anywhere south of McAllen, let alone anywhere in south or central America.
Quote: For most of the line guys I know, myself included, the issue is that we don't want to fly narrow body "international", and the split status allowed us to do that. Many of us would prefer not to go anywhere south of McAllen, let alone anywhere in south or central America.
Good to know, I didn't realize that. Crappy MIA trips? I've just not really cared too much where I go, so hadn't thought of that.
Quote: Good to know, I didn't realize that. Crappy MIA trips? I've just not really cared too much where I go, so hadn't thought of that.
Actually, I've heard many of the MIA island trips are pretty good. My experience is in big D. Some guys like international, many hate it. For me, it's just a huge PITA dealing with customs, and having been to Mexico more times than I would have liked, I just don't have any desire to ever go south of the border again. I fly with lot's of CA's here who feel the same.

But knowing that many people feel differently, it's nice to be able to bid domestic if you don't want to deal with it, or international, if that's your preference.
Quote: For most of the line guys I know, myself included, the issue is that we don't want to fly narrow body "international", and the split status allowed us to do that. Many of us would prefer not to go anywhere south of McAllen, let alone anywhere in south or central America.

Why is that?
Quote: Why is that?
I'd rather overnight/fly in the US. Too much hassle flying/overnighting down there.
Quote: I'd rather overnight/fly in the US. Too much hassle flying/overnighting down there.

That makes sense!
11  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  31  71  121 
Page 21 of 281
Go to