Avg Calendar Day, LOS approved

Subscribe
10  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  30 
Page 20 of 44
Go to
Quote: THIS^

Lol ok dude
Quote: Keep dreaming about that protection. They aren’t contracting out anything. Just keep throwing good money after bad.

Same ole same ole.
Maybe.

How do wie fix this ****?

Whatever it takes. I want to fix this Union.
Quote: Maybe.

How do wie fix this ****?

Whatever it takes. I want to fix this Union.
First, I think the operative word is "WE". There are so many different factions here that I am skeptical the word "WE" would apply. Like you said, the best direction would be to just quit the union and get a large enough group to quit paying dues forcing those that want your money make them actually WORK for the privilege of convincing you that your money is well spent.

Pilots are so afraid of "the company" (not that they are perfect, by any means) they think that the union is a necessary evil. If the organization is "evil" as the saying goes, why contribute?

Once you break up the money, the association will change according to the needs of the group and not the wants of the few. The association is NOT in Section 6 yet, but they are negotiating Section 6 provisions that WILL GIVE TO THE FEW (LOS furloughs) YOUR MONEY while still stripping you of YOUR rights to keep YOUR MONEY.

These negotiations are led by Carey who simply want THEIR way and not YOUR way. Who is worst: the Company who IS that way or the Association who PRETENDS THE OPPOSITE?

The Company gives me a pay check, profit sharing, pay raises and generally good working conditions.

Tell me again what the LAA UNION gave us with THEIR GREEN BOOK in 2013????
Quote: I’d love to read that email.
Now why would YOU care about what I have to say? You've discounted my voice and my opinion because I criticize the parochial interests of the APA. If the APA is NOT interested in my concerns and neither are you union supporters why would you care what I have to say to the Company.

AT LEAST THEY LISTEN!

When was the last time Carey gave YOU a call?????
Wow. I just listened to AW’s podcast on LOSNOW.org about the AIP. If you haven’t listened to it go listen to it now. Tons of great info.

I went from being leaning yes on the AIP to being absolutely for it. If the BOD votes no on this we just shot ourselves in the foot big time.

Bottom line: we are getting a ton and not giving up anything. DOTC/RAS and electronic notification is already in the contract.

Hope they do the smart thing and vote yes.
Quote:
Excuse my ignorance but when is this vote taking place?
Quote: As they contract out the Airbus and 737 flying to Skywest.

The union may be toothless but at least we have some protection.

The APA made LOS a nonissue during the JCBA negotiations, I wish they would publically own it. That ship has sailed.
Actually it wasn’t the majority inside APA. But it was the majority of the BOD. And they’re still in power.
Quote: Excuse my ignorance but when is this vote taking place?
BOD only vote. 1/16 unless they delay the vote again.
Quote: Wow. I just listened to AW’s podcast on LOSNOW.org about the AIP. If you haven’t listened to it go listen to it now. Tons of great info.

I went from being leaning yes on the AIP to being absolutely for it. If the BOD votes no on this we just shot ourselves in the foot big time.

Bottom line: we are getting a ton and not giving up anything. DOTC/RAS and electronic notification is already in the contract.

Already in the contract but not yet implemented.

The RO language is really bad (and not in the contract).

Given the company's performance on the holiday premium (MOST have not even gotten the promised 150%), I do not trust the company to ever implement ACD.

ACD is great. I won't argue that, but I do not believe we'll ever see it.

I'm a firm NO unless they tie the implementation of DOTC/RAS to ACD or delete attachment 3 altogether.
Quote: Already in the contract but not yet implemented.

The RO language is really bad (and not in the contract).

Given the company's performance on the holiday premium (MOST have not even gotten the promised 150%), I do not trust the company to ever implement ACD.

ACD is great. I won't argue that, but I do not believe we'll ever see it.

I'm a firm NO unless they tie the implementation of DOTC/RAS to ACD or delete attachment 3 altogether.

I’m sure the holiday pay has to be done manually so that doesn’t surprise me that it hasn’t been received yet. The earliest that pay would be seen anyway is on the Jan 15 paycheck.

Interesting to think because of the holiday pay they will never institute ACD. I find that scenario to be extremely unlikely.
10  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  30 
Page 20 of 44
Go to