Go to
Quote: Year--Hired--Growth
2021 147 68 (YTD)
2020 227 90
2019 246 132
2018 220 79
2017 301 152

Thank you for posting that.
The average salary in this country is $46,000/yr. The average first year pay, factoring in training on a base salary with no per diem or overtime, is $38,000. It’s going to suck year one but hopefully you’ve planned ahead and accordingly. If you paid your own way through flight school either through the military or a crappy, hard working job- you've got the muscle. If you did this on your own, the first year won’t be hard; you understand how to budget and save/spend on what matters. It will be a breeze for you folks. Second year and everything after that is the big reward.
Quote: The average salary in this country is $46,000/yr. The average first year pay, factoring in training on a base salary with no per diem or overtime, is $38,000. It’s going to suck year one but hopefully you’ve planned ahead and accordingly. If you paid your own way through flight school either through the military or a crappy, hard working job- you've got the muscle. If you did this on your own, the first year won’t be hard; you understand how to budget and save/spend on what matters. It will be a breeze for you folks. Second year and everything after that is the big reward.
Agree with everything except first year pay is now around $47k. It was $44k when I was a new hire not so long ago. It’ll break $50k in the next couple years.
I hope everyone paid and is paying attention to our new CEO and was said today concerning the future past the pandemic. She is not looking to grown the company, rather concentrate on higher profitable customers including those in the medical field. What that means for the airline is yet to be seen, but I’m not really optimistic of much growth going forward. Investors didn’t seem to like it today either. Stock was dow 6% at one point.
No need to grow when the biggest customer starts pulling volume. Hopefully, they can find ways to replace it with other stuff. I haven’t been optimistic since 1994. Save your money
Quote: ... What that means for the airline is yet to be seen, but I’m not really optimistic of much growth going forward. Investors didn’t seem to like it today either. Stock was dow 6% at one point.

Quote: No need to grow when the biggest customer starts pulling volume. Hopefully, they can find ways to replace it with other stuff. I haven’t been optimistic since 1994. Save your money
Spot on! One day she’ll make us miss Scott Davis.
​​​​​​​
Quote: MIA sept 8 - Nov 3, 2019 bid:

12 week on / off night sort lines

14 turn lines; only 4 have more than 10 duty days per 4 week period. A few instances of 5 in a row but these also boast 16/28 days off...

20 lines South America flying. Some, about 10, are relatively clean, some a little choppy but still in commutable blocks, and some look more like base trip lines. Yet, almost all of it is in commutable blocks, a small handful of exceptions noted.

3 VTO lines

18 reserve lines: mostly week on off but some with 3-5 day blocks.

On initial glance these lines don’t appear to be that bad. Instead of complaining, perhaps the dude could offer a useful critique citing specific examples for the benefit of those interested.
What’s the specific of those turn lines, when does a day/night turn start and finish?
Quote: What’s the specific of those turn lines, when does a day/night turn start and finish?
I do not know for MIA/ONT domicile
ANC. domicile does not have turn lines AFAIK

SDF turn lines: 0230-0400 local show returning at or before 1200 local. ( often called morning turns )
1500-1600 local show returning around. 2345-0200 local. ( often called afternoon turns )
Quote: No need to grow when the biggest customer starts pulling volume. Hopefully, they can find ways to replace it with other stuff. I haven’t been optimistic since 1994. Save your money
Um.....they did just put in an order for 19 new 767s that start coming on in 2023.....next year....
Made that comment a while back. We will see what happens to the MD over the next few years
16  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30 
Page 26 of 32
Go to