First year pay

Subscribe
17  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31 
Page 27 of 32
Go to
Quote: Made that comment a while back. We will see what happens to the MD over the next few years
Maybe one or two of the MD's and not soon.

The first 757s are quite a bit older and generate less revenue. If anything gets parked, I could see them parking those first. All of the LDS parts can be pulled out out. Once LDS is out, you have a 1985 airframe. UPS picked those up and had contractors fly them before the airline was formed.
Are you guys able to pick up trips (same equipment) out of base?
Quote: Are you guys able to pick up trips (same equipment) out of base?
I think within 48 hours. But I wouldn't suggest picking anything up on probation.
Quote: I think within 48 hours. But I wouldn't suggest picking anything up on probation.
96 Hours….
Quote: I think within 48 hours. But I wouldn't suggest picking anything up on probation.
If the trip and the hourly rate work for you, go for it. I have never seen anyone under any special scrutiny, fired, disciplined, or anything different than non-probationary pilots in my 21 years here.

It is hard to get fired (don't do stupid stuff) probationary or not........ The hourly rate, while not great, is money in the bank. You are not under a microscope here unless you self induce it.
Thanks, I was more so wondering if an ONT pilot could pick up international stuff from SDFZ or MIA, but sounds like you can within 96 hours?

I like that guys in base would have plenty of time to take the trip if they wanted it.
New ONT pilots don’t get international/overwater qualified.
Quote: New ONT pilots don’t get international/overwater qualified.
i gotcha, thanks for the info.
As a sdfz pilot you are qualified to pick up anything, even in Miami and S America.
a domestic/or Ont crew can pick up trip within 96 hours but anything overwater or special airports like Quito would not be allowed
as mentioned before I don’t really think you are under a microscope here…. Do what you have to do
Ok I have to say it, if you think you can’t live on 50k feel free to go to American, it took me 5 yrs to get above 60 k when I was hired here. For those of us that spent decades here fighting for that 200k second year, you are welcome !
17  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31 
Page 27 of 32
Go to