Empire Airlines General questions

Subscribe
7  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  27 
Page 17 of 31
Go to
Quote: I have ATP mins, just haven't gotten my ATP yet. I don't know if with covid, whether the scenario below is even possible.

Option A: 18-24 Months as Caravan PIC. Switch over to ATR FO. 2 years as ATR FO then another 2 years to get minimums as Captain for the Purple Runway. Looking at 5-6 years before majors.

Option B: Wait and see if the Multi Turbine Cargo operators are hiring. Fly 2-3 years PIC solo in a multi turboprop for the 1000 hours PIC and then apply to majors. But don't know if you can even get in with a major with only 1000 PIC.
If you go the multi turboprop route at a place like Ameriflight, you’ll probably have 1000 Multi TPIC in about 2 years or less, in a combo of B99 and Metro. From there, you’ll likely need a stop for a short time at a regional before going ULCC or ACMI. From what I’ve seen at least. That was in the past, and the future could be different though.
Any word on the Ohana side? Gone forever or slated to return as travel comes back?
Openings
Any word out there if hiring will pick up soon? Trying to get on as street hire ATR capt..
Quote: Any word on the Ohana side? Gone forever or slated to return as travel comes back?
gone forever. If it ever comes back it probably won’t be with empire.
Quote: Any word out there if hiring will pick up soon? Trying to get on as street hire ATR capt..
We just did a round of ATR hiring. I suspect that we will have another class in a month or two.
How much of an impact will the upcoming amazon ATR's make?
Quote: How much of an impact will the upcoming amazon ATR's make?
Only time will tell. I have heard that their cargo route will be MEM - SHV - AFW...
Amazon Air using Silver Airways
Quote: Only time will tell. I have heard that their cargo route will be MEM - SHV - AFW...
Does anyone know if Amazon will be contracting Silver Airways for the turboprop routes or will this go to Empire? ATRs in Amazon Air Livery.
Quote: Does anyone know if Amazon will be contracting Silver Airways for the turboprop routes or will this go to Empire? ATRs in Amazon Air Livery.
Not sure if Empire will also get some, but Silver did get Amazon flying for sure.
looks like there is another round of hiring for 2021

7  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  27 
Page 17 of 31
Go to