NetJets new Contract

Subscribe
25  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  45 
Page 35 of 80
Go to
Quote: I fly double what I did at NJA. Maybe more actually.
But I’ll bet you do barely 2/3rds the number of duty hours...
Quote: How many hours are you flying a month or per year ?
My block hours for the past 12 months was 750, so 62.5 hours a month of flying, at around 110 hours of duty per month. (That's with me picking up an average of around one extra flying day per month; otherwise it'd be a little lower.)
Quote: But I’ll bet you do barely 2/3rds the number of duty hours...
Yea I mean I really look at it as total duty. If I’m at work I’m working. Sitting in an FBO is work, and it’s tiring, and it counts against the clock. I am not sure what my average duty day is but it’s significantly less than NJA. I will fly 900 hours this year by the end of December and I havent fatigued once. I fatigued once a tour at NJA and flew 400 hours my last year there.
Quote: My wife’s does...you most likely either have no wife or one that is useless and just leaches off of your amazing pay. Good luck to you hot shot!
I don’t know this guy, but maybe his wife stays home with their kids like mine does and I’d pay top dollar for a front row seat to watch you call her a leech.
Leech
Quote: I don’t know this guy, but maybe his wife stays home with their kids like mine does and I’d pay top dollar for a front row seat to watch you call her a leech.
That’s your choice my friend...enjoy.
Quote:
How many sick days do you earn per month at your place of employment?
10% which would equate to 18 and change a year on the 7&7, more on the higher work day scheds and less on the 52.
From what I heard about that smarty pants guy, your wife could take him in about 10 seconds.
I've flown 487 hours this year and haven't picked up any additional flying at my major. I live in base as well. Majority of the duty days are between 6-9 hours.
It truly is not hard to grasp. These are the facts

1) NJA, even with new TA, will ALWAYS pay much less than a comparable major. That’s fact. NJA year 7/7 will gross you around 75K all in including per diem year one. Every major will beat that. By year 2 majors FOs make PIC scales at NJA.

2) NJA has a generous 401K match, but the majors with DC or NEC or whatever you want to call it means major FOs by year three will top out 415 limits. You will NEVER get close to that at NJA. That’s DC plus Profit sharing into retirement at pilot contributions.

3) Scedule flexibility is a joke at NJA. None. Nada. Nope. Never. Sure you can PTO a day or two but that’s all you can pull off. Airlines can swap, drop, flip, trade so many options a sick call to get a day off is unheard of.

4). Benefits...a wash. NJA is free but majors offer more options and better options though it will cost you.

5) QOL...that’s subjective. Not touching it.

So let’s move on to something more important like which FBOs have the best toilets....
Quote: It truly is not hard to grasp. These are the facts

1) NJA, even with new TA, will ALWAYS pay much less than a comparable major. That’s fact. NJA year 7/7 will gross you around 75K all in including per diem year one. Every major will beat that. By year 2 majors FOs make PIC scales at NJA.

2) NJA has a generous 401K match, but the majors with DC or NEC or whatever you want to call it means major FOs by year three will top out 415 limits. You will NEVER get close to that at NJA. That’s DC plus Profit sharing into retirement at pilot contributions.

3) Scedule flexibility is a joke at NJA. None. Nada. Nope. Never. Sure you can PTO a day or two but that’s all you can pull off. Airlines can swap, drop, flip, trade so many options a sick call to get a day off is unheard of.

4). Benefits...a wash. NJA is free but majors offer more options and better options though it will cost you.

5) QOL...that’s subjective. Not touching it.

So let’s move on to something more important like which FBOs have the best toilets....

With regard to 4.

There is no doubt in my mind that NJA pilots give up more money just to keep no cost health care. You save 4-6k a year in healthcare costs but lose that and several thousand more by having the. Implant pay for it.
25  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  45 
Page 35 of 80
Go to