Ngpa 2019

Subscribe
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17 
Page 15 of 17
Go to
So, for ALL you new hire applicants; just wear a purple tie to the interview.
Quote: The picture says they’re white, and appear to be male. Did you just assume their sexuality?

I’m trying on a sweet set of Velcro strap New Balance shoes as we speak.
My Hawaiian shirts and cargo shorts(beige) are jealous.
Quote: More than 8 out of 10 pilots in last year's United new hire classes are straight white males.

If you happen to have those demographic odds in your favor and STILL can't get hired at United, perhaps you need to stare in the mirror rather than throw stones at some historically-marginalized groups who make up less than 20 percent TOTAL of current hiring.

Further, if you have a problem with United's corporate policy of striving to hire a more representative cross-section of the communities they serve, then by all means, walk into your upcoming interview and tell the interviewer about your enlightened opinion right off the bat. That will make the interview very quick and efficient so that they can move on to the next candidate.

Easy peasy.
Well said..
Quote: Who the heck holds a job fair in Palm Springs? That's a two leg destination for almost everybody.

Maybe they can hold the next one in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
The NGPA had this get together in Palm Springs years before there was ever any type of recruiting event that 121 airlines attended. You know, like back when you would be fired and openly discriminated against for being gay in this industry. Or kicked out of the Air Force.

The Expo event was added later and is only a part of the overall weekend. Many that have attended for years have never been to and are not interested in the career/recruiting part of it.

Question answered?
I'm looking at the list of Attending Exhibitors and I don't see Delta Airlines. Is that an oversight that NGPA didn't list them or are they really not going to be there?

Seems like every other "major" and even the "minor" players are attending.
Delta pilot hiring has never been LGBT friendly. No surprise they are not attending.

Quote: I'm looking at the list of Attending Exhibitors and I don't see Delta Airlines. Is that an oversight that NGPA didn't list them or are they really not going to be there?

Seems like every other "major" and even the "minor" players are attending.
What does homosexuality have anything to do with being a pilot?
Quote: What does homosexuality have anything to do with being a pilot?

The world needs fighter pilots too......
Quote: Delta pilot hiring has never been LGBT friendly. No surprise they are not attending.

They attended NGPA when I did in 2017. I’ve known multiple gay and bisexual pilots they’ve hired over the years.
#ImStraight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: What does homosexuality have anything to do with being a pilot?
It doesn’t, which is why gay pilots formed a group to support others who might feel alienated in this profession.
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17 
Page 15 of 17
Go to