Hiring / training

Subscribe
87  137  177  183  184  185  186  187  188  189  190  191  197  237  287 
Page 187 of 451
Go to
Quote: Agreed. Minimum calendar day would rock; however, I would be happy with a minimum average calendar day. I believe Delta's is 5:15.
Its 5:15 at AA too. I think WN is the only one with a true Min day to the best of my knowledge. Maybe Fedex too. The ACD definitely got rid of a lot of unproductive 30 hour layovers we used to loath at AA. Definitely fixes the redeye issue too.
Quote: Its 5:15 at AA too. I think WN is the only one with a true Min day to the best of my knowledge. Maybe Fedex too. The ACD definitely got rid of a lot of unproductive 30 hour layovers we used to loath at AA. Definitely fixes the redeye issue too.

That would make sense. Swa doesn’t do redeyes. Cost next to nothing to negotiate that language.
Quote: That would make sense. Swa doesn’t do redeyes. Cost next to nothing to negotiate that language.
Yet costs a lot to get landing slots/gates during the day at most major airports. I wish we had the 5 hours per day, but then what does that do to a base like say ORD which is smaller every day? Lots of early outs and late in flights. It’s already expensive for that alone, now shift to make it more expensive to staff and fly during the day? I think ORD goes away because if that.
Quote: That would make sense. Swa doesn’t do redeyes. Cost next to nothing to negotiate that language.
In negotiations things like that are worth what you’re willing to pay.

The company will certainly view that as a line item cost just like they would dropping to 0.

Now re-Introducing some sort monthly open time so line holders can actually change their schedules is a virtually free ask IMO.

It’s getting old having to bid around 9am on the 14th to have any shot at good open time trips lol.
Quote: In negotiations things like that are worth what you’re willing to pay.

The company will certainly view that as a line item cost just like they would dropping to 0.

Now re-Introducing some sort monthly open time so line holders can actually change their schedules is a virtually free ask IMO.

It’s getting old having to bid around 9am on the 14th to have any shot at good open time trips lol.

Normally language is applied to the existing sequences then a cost is attached. We’re just arguing Amongst ourselves how the 2 billionish is being divided. As long as trips can’t be split I’m all for that. Monthly split is a gain for the company and we all know certain pilots can’t help themselves. Or would you like to see little to no rigg when daily opens?
Quote: Yet costs a lot to get landing slots/gates during the day at most major airports. I wish we had the 5 hours per day, but then what does that do to a base like say ORD which is smaller every day? Lots of early outs and late in flights. It’s already expensive for that alone, now shift to make it more expensive to staff and fly during the day? I think ORD goes away because if that.

making it acd doesn’t fix v1 senario. The word average is the problem. Pretty sure delta 5:15 is an average as well. Can’t remember if it’s calendar or duty?
Quote: Normally language is applied to the existing sequences then a cost is attached. We’re just arguing Amongst ourselves how the 2 billionish is being divided. As long as trips can’t be split I’m all for that. Monthly split is a gain for the company and we all know certain pilots can’t help themselves. Or would you like to see little to no rigg when daily opens?
Yeah I don’t think splits should be allowed during monthly, splits as it are suck to see in open time but I know they serve a purpose.

If we reintroduced MOT or mini daily it should be just for the purpose of affording line holders schedule flexibility if they can’t get the time to compete for trips in true daily open time.
Open time is just red eye turn time now. Does it really matter that much anymore? 5 hour red eye turns and 10 hour 3 days are the biggest issue I see. It’s a straight loophole that the company is capitalizing on. I don’t blame them, just sucks. That and increasing rsv day credit, or anything that drops a monthly reserve day or 2 and allows them to make more than 75 hours working like crazy. The company should want people living in base to bid for rsv. Prevents all kinds of issues and costs.
I agree bring back MOT, how many times do things change in life between when you’re bidding and your award? 2 days of MOT for line holders to tweak their schedules needs to be a must.
We don’t need to wait for the next contract either, this can be an LOA and minimal cost if any to the company.
I would also venture to guess that the company also does not like seeing the stack of red eye turns they know they will have to burn reserves on.
Especially when the wheels are already falling off.
Quote: I agree bring back MOT, how many times do things change in life between when you’re bidding and your award? 2 days of MOT for line holders to tweak their schedules needs to be a must.
We don’t need to wait for the next contract either, this can be an LOA and minimal cost if any to the company.
I would also venture to guess that the company also does not like seeing the stack of red eye turns they know they will have to burn reserves on.
Especially when the wheels are already falling off.
Bidding to award is 2-4 days apart. You must have a very fast paced life.
87  137  177  183  184  185  186  187  188  189  190  191  197  237  287 
Page 187 of 451
Go to