737s coming to Mesa for DHL...?

Subscribe
16  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  36  76 
Page 26 of 85
Go to
Quote: Pretty black and white here, not sure how you’re missing it. Having Mesa operating 737’s will give new guys mainline experience so to speak. They’ll be operating mainline aircraft, much more complex than any RJ, giving them the upper hand as skilled pilots. This in turn will benefit Mainline carriers by allowing them to hire experienced 737 pilots, reducing training costs for repeat lessons or wash outs. With more hours the more experience these pilots will have making them safer pilots before going to fly passengers. I would like to see more carriers doing this. Safe to say with the upcoming pilot shortage Mesa is keeping the whole industry in mind by being proactive rather than reactive.
.........JO?
Quote: Not sure if I agree with that. The type speaks much louder than time in the plane on any resume.
Yes, this is very true. I just got a B757 type on the side, and I have three legacies beating down my door as we speak!

#whatever
Quote: Yes, this is very true. I just got a B757 type on the side, and I have three legacies beating down my door as we speak!

#whatever
There's different things at play here. Is it the 757 type, or the fact you had a recent major training event?
Quote: There's different things at play here. Is it the 757 type, or the fact you had a recent major training event?
It’s mostly just good looks.... that’s my guess.

I think they are making a joke.
Quote: There's different things at play here. Is it the 757 type, or the fact you had a recent major training event?
Honestly, if it worked like that, then pilots would be banging down the doors of Flight Safety and CAE, not regional airlines.
Quote: Honestly, if it worked like that, then pilots would be banging down the doors of Flight Safety and CAE, not regional airlines.
For an off the street hire, you need to be young and good looking, remaining 10% is experience.
Quote: Pretty black and white here, not sure how you’re missing it. Having Mesa operating 737’s will give new guys mainline experience so to speak. They’ll be operating mainline aircraft, much more complex than any RJ, giving them the upper hand as skilled pilots. This in turn will benefit Mainline carriers by allowing them to hire experienced 737 pilots, reducing training costs for repeat lessons or wash outs. With more hours the more experience these pilots will have making them safer pilots before going to fly passengers. I would like to see more carriers doing this. Safe to say with the upcoming pilot shortage Mesa is keeping the whole industry in mind by being proactive rather than reactive.

This has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read on APC in a while... that says a lot
Welcome to the Mesa mentality.....there are some really good guys there but from my short stint I was SHOCKED at how bad the Stockholm syndrome is. Many of these guys have never been anywhere else or failed out of training somewhere else so they don’t know how bad they have it and would gladly screw over everyone in the industry to fly a “mainline” plane for CRJ or EJET rates. They always come back with the same sh*t which is laughable at best ....”oh 300%, oh quick upgrade”.....you guys are so Blind.....these things are not guaranteed in your WEAK contract.

This is an issue for us all because if Mesa guys accept their POS 73s for substandard rates and QOL they once again undermine everyone else and give ammunition to our companies that a group of F*cktard pilots will accept less than what they deserve if you dangle a rotten carrot in front of them.
Quote: For an off the street hire, you need to be young and good looking, remaining 10% is experience.

Wrong
Legacies average multiple extra qualifications , checkairman , safety volunteer , union jobs and average age 38.2 for Delta United and American of a new hire with s—- load of PIC and a must 4 year
7900 hours average and if you throw in the military you are looking for 9000 RJ drivers time
Quote: Wrong
Legacies average multiple extra qualifications , checkairman , safety volunteer , union jobs and average age 38.2 for Delta United and American of a new hire with s—- load of PIC and a must 4 year
7900 hours average and if you throw in the military you are looking for 9000 RJ drivers time
Just to fly pax...
16  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  36  76 
Page 26 of 85
Go to