How low will it go? CA and G4 FO

Subscribe
14  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  34 
Page 24 of 44
Go to
Quote: How does someone who will be 34 and hired summer 2021 look? Will I ever be a Group 8 supersonic widebody sky king?
That's a ways off and the numbers will look different by then. But yes, that should be good to have 5-10 years (closer to the 10 I'd think) as a GIV CA.
Quote: How does someone who will be 34 and hired summer 2021 look? Will I ever be a Group 8 supersonic widebody sky king?
Probably once monthly trips to the moon and back. Group 11, if I have heard correctly from Buzz Aldrin.
No but you will be in charge of skynet
Hired at 26 two years ago. 21 years top 2000. 16 years top 1000. 8 years top 100. Final seniority is 2 at retirement.

All is good and well until another merge, another catastrophe, downturn, bankruptcy.... whatever you want to call it.. there hasn't been THAT many people hired in their 20 since I got on. But for reference that's what it looks like for me at 28 years old currently.

I'm less concerned with what's going to happen 38 years from now as compared to the next 3-6. Just enjoy the good times and be prepared for the bad. Its inevitable that they will come. It's more about whether your prepared for it. 20 years from now, if work sucks and I planned correctly I should be able to bid down to a junior base as FO and keep the good times relatively rolling. You could too.
Quote: I was going to say this too....there is a small crop of guys hired at Airways from around 2012-2014 I think who were in their late 20's very early 30's who I think will have that "platinum" careers POTENTIALLY...but just great to see the movement on this last bid, hopefully hiring can keep up and we can all move up
Before anyone things it’s been a street of gold for us, Don’t forget that many of us “paid” on the front end up that top. I spent 10 years at the regionals before hired at USAirways.
Quote: Before anyone things it’s been a street of gold for us, Don’t forget that many of us “paid” on the front end up that top. I spent 10 years at the regionals before hired at USAirways.
Same here. I think most of us got beat up to get here.
Quote: Same here. I think most of us got beat up to get here.
And got $35/hr when hired on plus the amazing LOA 93 contract with stuff like no cancel pay.

The older eagle flows kinda got screwed - 10-20 years at the regional level and in their 40s to 50s when hired at AA so not a really long career.
Quote: Before anyone things it’s been a street of gold for us, Don’t forget that many of us “paid” on the front end up that top. I spent 10 years at the regionals before hired at USAirways.
And then we got furloughed for 18 months in 2009
Relax man, I am one of those guys, and I spent 8 years at a regional. Sorry not 10 like you...I am just merely saying that the future, RIGHT NOW, looks good for a lot of people. Everyone has “paid their dues” in one way or another, wasn’t trying to say otherwise.
So what's the dealio... are they doing monthly or 3 month vacancy bids these days? Next one will be June?
14  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  34 
Page 24 of 44
Go to