Amerijet

Subscribe
21  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  41 
Page 31 of 74
Go to
Quote: Will they address the 401K in the new contract? To have a better 401K for amerijet pilots?
Certain changes in the 401(k) are definitely desirable but must be cost-benefit balanced against other items up for negotiation.

External hires are still being added to fill key positions (hopefully this batch has more interest in remaining long term). This should negate some of the "we've never done it like that before" mentality that can easily occur during negotiations in a company of this size.

Fingers crossed for a well-written and quickly agreed-upon contract of a reasonably short duration.
Anybody knows how the schedule is like? I've heard 2 weeks ON 2 weeks OFF if you're in the outstation (temporary base). What about miami?
Quote: Anybody knows how the schedule is like? I've heard 2 weeks ON 2 weeks OFF if you're in the outstation (temporary base). What about miami?
We bid days off. 12 per month - 8 hard days off. 4 soft ones. The temp basing lines typically run a 2 week duration with ticket and hotel provided by company. You usually fly from your home airport and is the closest to home based as you’ll get under our existing CBA. There is a lot of good info on current status in the forum. If you go back 4-5 pages and read forward you should get a lot answered.
Quote: We bid days off. 12 per month - 8 hard days off. 4 soft ones. The temp basing lines typically run a 2 week duration with ticket and hotel provided by company. You usually fly from your home airport and is the closest to home based as you’ll get under our existing CBA. There is a lot of good info on current status in the forum. If you go back 4-5 pages and read forward you should get a lot answered.
Thanks, I just finished reading a bunch of it. Very informative, hopefully, the CBA will have a lot of improvements. I did my interview on Friday, went well.
I hoping to hear positive things this week. They didn't mention whether the temp basing lines were senior or not, but the ticket and hotel provided for the 2 weeks are pretty nice. I would move to MIA if needed but i'd prefer to stay where I am in.
The 2 weeks OFF is also great for me.

Thanks for the gazillion of info about AJT.
Quote: Thanks, I just finished reading a bunch of it. Very informative, hopefully, the CBA will have a lot of improvements. I did my interview on Friday, went well.
I hoping to hear positive things this week. They didn't mention whether the temp basing lines were senior or not, but the ticket and hotel provided for the 2 weeks are pretty nice. I would move to MIA if needed but i'd prefer to stay where I am in.
The 2 weeks OFF is also great for me.

Thanks for the gazillion of info about AJT.

Some are very senior (day flying) and some are very junior (night flying)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Don’t come to Amerijet unless you live in SOFL. Management came into class and said home basing was not an option for the next contract. They are recruiting from all over the country but expecting to base everybody from Miami, or bid temporary bases that pay only guarantee if you wanting something similar to home basing. So caveat emptor for anybody that just started and are expecting home basing, or anybody thinking about coming here.
Quote: Don’t come to Amerijet unless you live in SOFL. Management came into class and said home basing was not an option for the next contract. They are recruiting from all over the country but expecting to base everybody from Miami, or bid temporary bases that pay only guarantee if you wanting something similar to home basing. So caveat emptor for anybody that just started and are expecting home basing, or anybody thinking about coming here.
Well that's a bummer, but I guess temporary bases aren't so bad. I don't mind staying in Miami either, I live in Florida and can move.
Quote: Don’t come to Amerijet unless you live in SOFL. Management came into class and said home basing was not an option for the next contract. They are recruiting from all over the country but expecting to base everybody from Miami, or bid temporary bases that pay only guarantee if you wanting something similar to home basing. So caveat emptor for anybody that just started and are expecting home basing, or anybody thinking about coming here.
Yes it’s true the DO did do that. And it was very disappointing to hear. We are fighting for home basing. It’s the crux of contract 2021 along with better pay, better health care and retirement options. It’s good advice to know what you’re getting into at any employer. But we are moving away from the Miami centric thinking of both business models and union contracts. We have plenty of commuters here. I can’t speak to their personal opinions but they’re making it work. For now we continue to grind it out. The flip side is a chance to grow with us. Are we perfect? No. But we are hiring.
Quote: Yes it’s true the DO did do that. And it was very disappointing to hear. We are fighting for home basing. It’s the crux of contract 2021 along with better pay, better health care and retirement options. It’s good advice to know what you’re getting into at any employer. But we are moving away from the Miami centric thinking of both business models and union contracts. We have plenty of commuters here. I can’t speak to their personal opinions but they’re making it work. For now we continue to grind it out. The flip side is a chance to grow with us. Are we perfect? No. But we are hiring.
do you know what it means when they say a pilot is in a pool?
What does that mean for the pilot who interviewed and is put in the pool?
Quote: Yes it’s true the DO did do that. And it was very disappointing to hear. We are fighting for home basing. It’s the crux of contract 2021 along with better pay, better health care and retirement options. It’s good advice to know what you’re getting into at any employer. But we are moving away from the Miami centric thinking of both business models and union contracts. We have plenty of commuters here. I can’t speak to their personal opinions but they’re making it work. For now we continue to grind it out. The flip side is a chance to grow with us. Are we perfect? No. But we are hiring.

So if they’re taking Home Basing off the table is there going to be an improvement to the commuter clause?
21  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  41 
Page 31 of 74
Go to