Amerijet

Subscribe
13  53  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  73 
Page 63 of 74
Go to
Quote: Yes. Most pilots today don’t have the scholastic ability to earn the salaries of their professional peers (Doctors, development software engineers, etc). We don’t have to pretend, but we should continue to recognize the value of being in a unionized workforce. It is particularly valuable during a pilot surplus. It elevates us in a job that only requires OJT.
You are making an excellent argument for absolutely no pay increase in your next contract. In fact, you're arguing for about $15 an hour.
AJT travel
Does AJT provide any non rev agreements with any airlines for pilots spouse/SO?
What does AJT give to spouse or SO for no rev travel benefits?
Quote: You are making an excellent argument for absolutely no pay increase in your next contract. In fact, you're arguing for about $15 an hour.
Skills and education won’t dictate that. Pattern bargaining of a unionized workforce and pilot scarcity will assure my wage. There’s a reason food stamp wages didn’t proliferate. Regional pilots weren’t less skilled and are not less educated at present. Facts. That said, not everyone can be a pilot. But I think many more people can be pilots than equivalently paid professionals compared to other professions. The word many has become a multiple as tech advances. Mental math, table interpolation, system knowledge, has eroded that fact. We are still necessary, but the faculties required to execute the job have diminished.

That said I have great pride in what we do and admire my peers, because it’s a job that requires higher integrity than some other high mental faculty careers (I.e. business sharks and lawyers that artfully bend the truth). Just my thoughts.
Quote: We have doctors, lawyers and engineers in my family, their continued education is assisting to some yearly event to drink beer and play golf. I'm the only idiot in my family to be spending as much time studying as I do.
Pardon me while I laugh at how asinine you sound thinking that's reality.
Quote: Pardon me while I laugh at how asinine you sound thinking that's reality.
No need to worry, I really don't place any importance on your opinion.
Wow I can’t believe I have to sit down and explain.
Training being a joke is the fact that they are doing the bare minimum. They are looking for warm bodies to fly airplanes and not really caring about the quality of the aviator. Anyone can be trained? Sure ask how that worked out for Atlas.
You have to purposely do bad to fail here.
I also wouldn’t put it passed them pink slipping pilots in order to stop the bleeding.
Whatever it takes to move the metal, right?

Either way, I knew you wouldn’t last at AJT long. Most people barely fly the line and leave. Bravo to you and the many who see this place for what it really is.
Hello everyone,

I would like to have an outlook of most common credit/Flight hours pay as an FO monthly .
Quote: Hello everyone,

I would like to have an outlook of most common credit/Flight hours pay as an FO monthly .
I finally got online and my first paycheck came in at just under 8k, I flew a little extra for the month so I expect Ill pull in right around 16k. All in all its not a bad place, lots of great folks to fly with and if you are a self starter and can navigate your own way through training its a pretty good deal.
Quote: I finally got online and my first paycheck came in at just under 8k, I flew a little extra for the month so I expect Ill pull in right around 16k. All in all its not a bad place, lots of great folks to fly with and if you are a self starter and can navigate your own way through training its a pretty good deal.
I just looked at my records, since oct 12 I’ve flown a little over 100 hours, and I flew just over 86 during a 30 day period. No expert on pay credit etc but it doesn’t take much extra flying to make ok money.
13  53  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  73 
Page 63 of 74
Go to