UAL 777 Fleet Reduction

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 8
Go to
Quote: There will be furloughs! This epidemic will get way worst before it gets better and so much for the pilot shortage outcry.
why should anybody care about your viewpoint in the “777 UAL” thread? Envoy doesn’t fly 777s.
Quote: We've got some old 777s. I could see some of them flying to Vacaville.

I doubt that after the pour millions on refurbishing them with Polaris

next month everything goes to normal just watch it
I hope this just blows over.

Looking at loads on any European or Transpacific destination doesn’t give me a warm and fuzzy feeling though.
Parking 777s? Maybe a handful of cattle car A models... but the rest on the B/Cs are too valuable. Now parking some of the LUAL 757s might be accelerated... but still believe this will go away in a few months.
Some of the B models were slatted to be converted to cattle car config. Those could be a target. The A’s might be more valuable right now than some of the B’s just based on current CASM.
Quote: Some of the B models were slatted to be converted to cattle car config. Those could be a target. The A’s might be more valuable right now than some of the B’s just based on current CASM.

no 777s will be parked
the fighting for domestic market share will be the 777a and B models plan
LLCs be aware of the $39.99 fares and let’s see who can lose 30 million per week and who will be around in the near future.
Consolidation here it comes
Cash is the king

Plan B for legacies
My 2 cents
Quote: no 777s will be parked
LLCs be aware of the $39.99 fares and let’s see who can lose 30 million per week and who will be around in the near future.
Cash is the king

Plan B for legacies
My 2 cents
I think your probably on to something... time will tell.
Quote: no 777s will be parked
Cash is the king

Plan B for legacies
My 2 cents
30 million a week? My guess is that United is losing north of that right now. And things aren't improving on the economic front. That's not sustainable for very long.

Vacaville is one of the places where planes go to both die and be put in storage. Southern California Logistics Airport is the old George AFB. United's problem is that we have a large excess of widebody aircraft based on current market conditions. I don't see the 787 getting stored, but there is a lot of excess 777 lift out there. I don't see the company flying them near empty or sinking a bunch of money into them right now. They can go sit next to Southwest's 737 Maxes and we can see which airframe gets pulled out of storage first. https://onemileatatime.com/southwest-737-max-storage/
Vacaville is one of the places where planes go to both die and be put in storage. Southern California Logistics Airport is the old George AFB. United's problem is that we have a large excess of widebody aircraft based on current market conditions. I don't see the 787 getting stored, but there is a lot of excess 777 lift out there. I don't see the company flying them near empty or sinking a bunch of money into them right now. They can go sit next to Southwest's 737 Maxes and we can see which airframe gets pulled out of storage first. https://onemileatatime.com/southwest-737-max-storage/[/QUOTE]

VICTORVILLE, CA is what I think you mean...

Vacaville, CA is near Travis, AFB
Quote: 30 million a week? My guess is that United is losing north of that right now. And things aren't improving on the economic front. That's not sustainable for very long.

Vacaville is one of the places where planes go to both die and be put in storage. Southern California Logistics Airport is the old George AFB. United's problem is that we have a large excess of widebody aircraft based on current market conditions. I don't see the 787 getting stored, but there is a lot of excess 777 lift out there. I don't see the company flying them near empty or sinking a bunch of money into them right now. They can go sit next to Southwest's 737 Maxes and we can see which airframe gets pulled out of storage first. https://onemileatatime.com/southwest-737-max-storage/
yep. Victorville, CA........at least according to the article above.....😉
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 8
Go to