The actual vacancy

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 14
Go to
Quote: My toss at the dart board was seniority number 295 is the last one.
your dart missed the board and hit me in the chest...this is gonna suck.
Looks closer to 250.
Quote: Looks closer to 250.
The only variable is how many FOs they'd keep on reserve. I guessed 30 in MKE and 70 in ORD but having never staffed an airline I don't know what I'm doing. Lol
Quote: It’s absolutely not a coincidence. The company knows they can furlough on October 1st and that is what they fully intend to do. Why would they offer someone 30 hours or 60 hours or whatever when they can pay them 0? There will be no more LOAs come October 1st. Just a whole bunch of furloughs. If you’re not in the top 350 or so, you better already be looking for another job.
for my pilot brethren I will say this (my thoughts anyway), time to spruce up those resumes and consider walking away from aviation and find another job until things improve...at least that’s what I’m doing because I have to put food for my family on the table first and put the passion for aviation second. First year FO pay and the looming furlough are reason enough for it. Hope will not pay the bills unfortunately and that’s the awful reality of this.
Quote: for my pilot brethren I will say this (my thoughts anyway), time to spruce up those resumes and consider walking away from aviation and find another job until things improve...at least that’s what I’m doing because I have to put food for my family on the table first and put the passion for aviation second. First year FO pay and the looming furlough are reason enough for it. Hope will not pay the bills unfortunately and that’s the awful reality of this.
There are 33 million people on unemployment right now, where are you going to find work that pays any better? Not trying to be a jerk just trying to see if I have any options.
Go out and look. I’m interviewing right now for non aviation jobs and there’s many. Guys get your resumes up and find a field you would like to work in. Try to start in July and while your at it take the stay at home lines for July August and September. Take that 30 hours of pay for 3 months While doing something else
Exactly what Da Vinci above says...I’m also looking at non aviation jobs. I’m going to try the ORD commute and reserve nonsense for a month but even I know it’s not sustainable long term.

I’m happy having full time work in something else and taking a stay at home line and when furloughs happen I’ll still be okay.

Guys who were born here, c’mon this is America, if me as an immigrant believes there’s all kinds of opportunity here no matter what the situation then you guys who know the system better than I do shouldn’t have problems finding something.
Quote: I find it a little interesting that the LOA expires on September 31st, could be a coincidence but seems to be awfully convenient.
September “31st”, really?
Quote: My toss at the dart board was seniority number 295 is the last one.
I don’t have a seniority list handy. What’s DOH on that number?
Quote: September “31st”, really?
I'm bad a month thingies, and was probably tired at the time I wrote it. I meant September 30th.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 14
Go to