Extended Tine Off/Early Retirement Ofer

Subscribe
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26 
Page 22 of 31
Go to
Quote: Hey speaking of avoidance bids, 1) how do I acquire the list. 2) how do I submit someone for the list? Found my first worthy submission, complete D bag. If you have the answer to either/both, please PM me. Thanks!
What do you use to bid? I've only used Crewbid and there's an option with that program.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Quote: What do you use to bid? I've only used Crewbid and there's an option with that program.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
I think they’re after the list of names of the people who down play well with others, and how to add someone to the list.
Quote: I think they’re after the list of names of the people who down play well with others, and how to add someone to the list.
It is done by employee number and I would hope nobody would be stupid enough to name names here. Anyway, someone I don’t like flying with might be someone else’s favorite. It’s not always obvious why people add someone to the no-fly list.

We’re digressing. Any more juicy gossip on the VSP or ExTO? I’m planning an ExTO bid.
How long are you thinking of taking one? I'm waiting to hear about a temp job I've been pursuing. If I get it, then I'll take a year. It's down to negotiations on a recurrent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Latest out of the training center management briefs is they expect daily departures close to 5000 by spring break 2021. Someone help me, but wasn’t our pre covid high around 4400? I’m not expecting to be on exto very long.
Quote: Latest out of the training center management briefs is they expect daily departures close to 5000 by spring break 2021. Someone help me, but wasn’t our pre covid high around 4400? I’m not expecting to be on exto very long.
“Training center management’s briefing” accounts for diddly, otherwise holy ****!
I think we were at 4200 a day at our peak, fwiw.
Quote: How long are you thinking of taking one? I'm waiting to hear about a temp job I've been pursuing. If I get it, then I'll take a year. It's down to negotiations on a recurrent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm planning to bid on the full five year thing. But I will be surprised if I'm actually out even half of that. Frankly, a year might be optimistic.

I've been in aviation quite a while and am not a senior F/O and am older than many captains I fly with. I've been fiscally cheap for years (RJ lifestyle) and there are things I want to do while I still can. If something came along that I found satisfying and paid the bills I am OK with the idea that I might never come back, though I do plan on coming back. This is an amazing offer and amazing opportunity. Single, no kids and a desire to do other things for a while.

My plan is to travel, travel and then travel a bit more. I want to see places in the world we don't fly to and spend time without a schedule. And at some point get a job again. Maybe get the opportunity to upgrade here after a while. I'm done in less than 12 years regardless.
I'm banging out on the 5 year exto (if I get it). I would be shocked to see it last more than two years though - either the company is going to be full steam ahead or bankrupt by then.

No plans other than family time, travel, and make memories for a lifetime. I was planning on being out in my early 60s, going out now for a couple years may extend that to 65, but this is a once in a lifetime chance to take a mid-life sabbatical and still be financially secure. I would not be able to do this without mil retirement though.
Quote: Latest out of the training center management briefs is they expect daily departures close to 5000 by spring break 2021. Someone help me, but wasn’t our pre covid high around 4400? I’m not expecting to be on exto very long.
I think they're looking at increased market share plus MAX availability. Might be interesting if it turns out we should have continued hedging pilots, but we can cross that bridge after we burn it right?
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26 
Page 22 of 31
Go to