Prepare Yourselves... 2021 AEs

Subscribe
49  99  139  145  146  147  148  149  150  151  152  153  159  199  249 
Page 149 of 397
Go to
Quote: So they can process 1,000+ pilots on an AE in 8 hours, post the 43 page results, yet B’s still don’t have April schedules 106+ hours and counting after bids close.

I know they’re coming tomorrow.... but still. Just ya know, trying to make life plans, possibly get my balls snipped, things like that next month. Like to set some dates and might need to enlist some family to fly up for the weekend and help out with the kids if I am sitting around with peas on my groin.

That’s all, I feel better now.
from a mathematical standpoint, the AE is extremely trivial compared to a normal bid run
Quote: from a mathematical standpoint, the AE is extremely trivial compared to a normal bid run
facts are so inconvenient though...
Quote: from a mathematical standpoint, the AE is extremely trivial compared to a normal bid run
Glad to hear it! No reason for all AEs not to be run fast then right? I’ll be super excited to see the results of the April AE the day after close. Or Wednesday. Make that no later than Friday. Next Friday.
Quote: Glad to hear it! No reason for all AEs not to be run fast then right? I’ll be super excited to see the results of the April AE the day after close. Or Wednesday. Make that no later than Friday. Next Friday.
there’s a bit more to most AEs than this one. There are very few contingent vacancy being created, and no B-A movement.

In normal AEs, multiple runs are done to facilitate a best solution. same with our monthly bids. This AE doesn’t have that.
Quote: Glad to hear it! No reason for all AEs not to be run fast then right? I’ll be super excited to see the results of the April AE the day after close. Or Wednesday. Make that no later than Friday. Next Friday.
That was the actual point I was trying to make. They’ve run a monthly bid for schedules in “record time” when they had to. They’ve done it when bids were delayed due to a hurricane, they were also our super fast after last April’s rebid.

AE sometimes take a full work week to get published. This took 9 hours.

They can do things quickly when they want to. Facts are so inconvenient though.
So dibs on when the next “real” AE will then be?

Mongo
Quote: So dibs on when the next “real” AE will then be?

Mongo
I'll go with....April 8th
Quote: That was the actual point I was trying to make. They’ve run a monthly bid for schedules in “record time” when they had to. They’ve done it when bids were delayed due to a hurricane, they were also our super fast after last April’s rebid.

AE sometimes take a full work week to get published. This took 9 hours.

They can do things quickly when they want to. Facts are so inconvenient though.
The fact is, the contract requires they be out by 1800E on the 17th, anything earlier is gravy. Want it earlier...we need get it in the contract. I happen to agree with you that I would like them earlier, but unless we force their hand, they'll prioritize it as they see fit. There is lots of room to move up the whole bidding process. Require the bid packets a day earlier? Cut the number of days needed to bid...5 days is more than enough. Require a 3 business day turn around. If bids closed on the 8th, we'd have them between the 11th and 13th.

Also, the B's are starting to populate.
Quote: I'll go with....April 8th
NYC330A: 3000ish
NYC7ERA: 7000ish
NYC73NA and 320A: 8500ish
NYC220A: 9000+ ish
Quote: NYC330A: 3000ish
NYC7ERA: 7000ish
NYC73NA and 320A: 8500ish
NYC220A: 9000+ ish
I thing 73 and 220 will go to 10500+

Specially since they will probably add aircraft delivery positions.
49  99  139  145  146  147  148  149  150  151  152  153  159  199  249 
Page 149 of 397
Go to