Notices
Fractional NetJets, FlexJet, etc

Planesense

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 11:15 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Don't worry, Chute Happens...
Don't be surprised when you see a blue and white single engine jet in the new hangar. Oh crap! I better go buy stock in marble and sculptures of strangely proportioned appendages!
Old 07-22-2017, 04:23 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Was not meaning to eavesdrop but heard an SIC say they weren't flying much... I'm with another operator and was waiting for fuel in the FBO. Curious how much do SIC's typically fly a month? I'm not leaving who I'm with I'm just curious what the typical SIC gets per month.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Squawkbox2012 View Post
Was not meaning to eavesdrop but heard an SIC say they weren't flying much... I'm with another operator and was waiting for fuel in the FBO. Curious how much do SIC's typically fly a month? I'm not leaving who I'm with I'm just curious what the typical SIC gets per month.
I probably average 30-40 hours a month. More in the winter when we're doing longer legs. In the summer you spend a lot of 14 hour duty days doing .5 hops around the northeast.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: FO

30-50 hrs per month. Opportunities for overtime every day in the summer so there is no lack of flying to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2017, 09:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Do they do any sort of adjustment for applicants with military flight time? Adding .3 to each flight hour, or 1.2xTT or anything like that?

Appreciate the help!
Old 07-24-2017, 12:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
Do they do any sort of adjustment for applicants with military flight time? Adding .3 to each flight hour, or 1.2xTT or anything like that?

Appreciate the help!

Nope. The hour requirements are per the FAA rules for 91K operations. PM me for a more in depth discussion about military flight time.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
Nope. The hour requirements are per the FAA rules for 91K operations. PM me for a more in depth discussion about military flight time.

Appreciate the response! How friendly is the company for those that are in the Guard or Reserve?
Old 07-29-2017, 10:24 AM
Pilot

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: Large cabin Bizjet

Originally Posted by Accordion View Post
The big announcement everyone has been waiting for...
George is building a new hangar and buying a cirrus jet. Now get back to work.
Back when PS was laying people off and cutting everyones pay, Uncle George put a new paint job on the Bonanza. That went over like a turd in the punchbowl. I'm surprised no one keyed it.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
Appreciate the response! How friendly is the company for those that are in the Guard or Reserve?

The company is fully compliant with USERRA. There are some policies in place that allow you to shift your schedule for drills or AT. PM for more info.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:15 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: First Officer

It varies a lot with the time of year and where you happen to be based. I've logged 30.5 hrs so far this cycle and still have to fly today and I airlined day 1 and will airline day 8. So around 35 hrs in 6 flying days.

Last cycle I flew out of and flew in base and logged 46 hours.

PSM, PDK, MCO tend to pick up more flights out of base and airline a little less than others.