Planesense

Subscribe
134  184  224  230  231  232  233  234  235  236  237  238  244  284 
Page 234 of 299
Go to
Anyone get a call to interview for an FO position? I applied in March.
1460TT with 830 turbine 130 actual instrument.
I saw that PlaneSense pilots don’t get CASS or flight benefits. Do we at least get to keep the hotel/ rental car (?)/ airline points?

And what does it look like time wise for a potential DEC to get into the jet? No, I don’t have SJS. In fact, I think the PC 12 is a baller plane, and I definitely want to check it out. I’m asking more on terms of pay. Also, is there any per diem?

And are there any authorizations for single pilot?

Lastly, is it (mostly) day or night flying?
Quote: I saw that PlaneSense pilots don’t get CASS or flight benefits. Do we at least get to keep the hotel/ rental car (?)/ airline points?
And what does it look like time wise for a potential DEC to get into the jet? No, I don’t have SJS. In fact, I think the PC 12 is a baller plane, and I definitely want to check it out. I’m asking more on terms of pay. Also, is there any per diem?
And are there any authorizations for single pilot?
Lastly, is it (mostly) day or night flying?
Plane Sense pilots do get KCM but we don't get flight benefits. If you belong to the reward program for the airline, hotel, and rental car you keep those points.

Time wise to the jet for a DEC is the same as for an FO and that is about 4 years and you must stay on full time status.

Starting pay for a Capt is $60,000 and per diem $2.10 per hour for every hour that you are away from your base. Also if there isn't a 4 hour break during the day the Capt will order crew meals, paid for by Plane Sense, and you still keep your per diem.

All flying is with 2 pilots there is no authorization for single pilot operations.

Most of the flying is during the day as we fly when the passengers want to fly and most of them don't want to fly at 1 AM. That being said in the Northeastern during the winter months nighttime can be as early as 5 PM.
Quote: Most of the flying is during the day as we fly when the passengers want to fly and most of them don't want to fly at 1 AM. That being said in the Northeastern during the winter months nighttime can be as early as 5 PM.
Dumb question: how do the pilots - especially the part-timers - maintain night takeoff & landing currency per Part 91? Does PS do enough night flying in the Summer months that it doesn’t make a difference?
Does anyone know if they are done setting up interviews for potential DECs? Got the - “application is In review” mid May and have not heard anything since. 2800 TT 1300 TPIC
200 INST 5 years 135 experience.
Quote: Dumb question: how do the pilots - especially the part-timers - maintain night takeoff & landing currency per Part 91? Does PS do enough night flying in the Summer months that it doesn’t make a difference?
The FOC keeps track of your currency and if you are close to not being current will schedule you for flights that are at night.They will even schedule empty leg pattern work in order to maintain currency. If you do lose you night currency they will have you go up with an Instructor Pilot in order to regain it.
Quote: The FOC keeps track of your currency and if you are close to not being current will schedule you for flights that are at night.They will even schedule empty leg pattern work in order to maintain currency. If you do lose you night currency they will have you go up with an Instructor Pilot in order to regain it.
Thank you!
Question, deciding whether to apply considering how many people with far more experience is applying to PS (granted, I’d apply to be an FO).

About me: 752 TT 110/14 Sim/Actual, 235 TAA and 320+ Glass Cockpit. HP/Complex Endorsed. 141 Check Airman and FAAST Rep.

Current school got sold and new owners don’t want our side of the company so I have until the end of July to figure something out. I’d like to take this as an opportunity to venture out and get real world flying experience. Thoughts?

P.S. I haven’t applied partly due to my lapsed 1st class and don’t have my passport in yet.
Quote: Question, deciding whether to apply considering how many people with far more experience is applying to PS (granted, I’d apply to be an FO).

About me: 752 TT 110/14 Sim/Actual, 235 TAA and 320+ Glass Cockpit. HP/Complex Endorsed. 141 Check Airman and FAAST Rep.

Current school got sold and new owners don’t want our side of the company so I have until the end of July to figure something out. I’d like to take this as an opportunity to venture out and get real world flying experience. Thoughts?

P.S. I haven’t applied partly due to my lapsed 1st class and don’t have my passport in yet.
You'll never know if you don't apply, but yeah, get a passport since it is required. If your med lapsed due to the Rona, they understand. You only need a 2nd anyway as an FO. Good luck.
Quote: Question, deciding whether to apply considering how many people with far more experience is applying to PS (granted, I’d apply to be an FO).

if you have til the end of July I wouldn't give my hopes up as far as having the job this month. The last time I checked it's at least a couple months from app to hire date.
134  184  224  230  231  232  233  234  235  236  237  238  244  284 
Page 234 of 299
Go to