Planesense

Subscribe
30  70  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  90  130  180 
Page 80 of 299
Go to
What is the lowest minimums they will hire a FO?
500 is the lowest they can hire an FO.
Quote: If all goes well, it looks like PDK would be my base. Could you please expand on the positives and negatives of that base. Much chance of returning to PDK due to day trips and typical destinations. Is the flying pretty much in the SE?
Thank you, David D

PDK
Positives: more business out of that location so better chance for an overnight at home, more likely to start or end a cycle at home
Negative: need to park at PDK and then Marta to ATL for airline relocation

Flying is wherever they need you. Your base does not determine where your trips will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Training complete. Brain fried

So how long do they give you, before starting IOE?

I may have asked this before, but if you are PDK based, are you more or less likely to fly the newer PC12NGs? Or will you fly both the NGs and the Classics equally regardless of base? Just curious because a buddy's son is applying for PDK and he has some Classic PC12 time.
Quote: I may have asked this before, but if you are PDK based, are you more or less likely to fly the newer PC12NGs? Or will you fly both the NGs and the Classics equally regardless of base? Just curious because a buddy's son is applying for PDK and he has some Classic PC12 time.

The flavor of PC-12 you fly is based upon need, regardless of base. We are always upgrading the fleet, so I believe the scales have tipped in favor of NGs by now. Also, initial training is now all NG, with legacy differences later, so you will be flying the newest birds out of training.

Quote: 500 is the lowest they can hire an FO.
Can, or are willing to?
Thanks so much. That info really helped.
Dave D
Quote: Can, or are willing to?

500 tt is the minimum hours for part 91k FOs. Our hands are tied. I know of an insider who was hired at 501 tt after working at the company in a non flying capacity. It's the same reason 1500 tt is the minimum for upgrade.

Quote: 500 tt is the minimum hours for part 91k FOs. Our hands are tied. I know of an insider who was hired at 501 tt after working at the company in a non flying capacity. It's the same reason 1500 tt is the minimum for upgrade.

Do you know if they are still looking for FOs? Do I need to wait until 500 to apply or will they talk to me sooner? Im sitting just over 430 now and I've got a month and a half left on my current contract. I'm fairly confident I'll pass 500 by then.
30  70  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  90  130  180 
Page 80 of 299
Go to