Information for the New Hires

Subscribe
23  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37 
Page 33 of 40
Go to
Quote: Depends on the 4 other CJO’s. Mesa, Air Wisconsin, SkyWest, CommutAir, & Republic all pay lower. If Aviate/United is what you want, then GoJet is the best choice.

Next choice is which has the easiest commute & best commuter benefits? (Some will argue this is the first choice to make).
Most of the other regionals listed have Aviate - so why is GJ your best bet for Aviate?
Quote: Most of the other regionals listed have Aviate - so why is GJ your best bet for Aviate?
AW doesn’t have a UAL Contract after Feb 2023 (per the AW Earnings Report). Mesa pay is approx 12+ dollars less per hour. Therefore leaving GJ the best (of these 3) for a future in Aviate
Quote: AW doesn’t have a UAL Contract after Feb 2023 (per the AW Earnings Report). Mesa pay is approx 12+ dollars less per hour. Therefore leaving GJ the best (of these 3) for a future in Aviate
Mesa will be around long after GoJet folds. GoJet is always only a few missed lease payments away from not having planes.
Sorry if I missed this in a previous thread, but I'm wondering how G7 determines seniority within each class.
Quote: Sorry if I missed this in a previous thread, but I'm wondering how G7 determines seniority within each class.
Within class is determined by last 4 digits of SSN
Quote: Within class is determined by last 4 digits of SSN
Okay, so is 9999 top of the list or bottom?
Quote: Okay, so is 9999 top of the list or bottom?
0000 most senior, 9999 least senior.

Shouldn't affect much there's no bidding all newhires going to EWR.
Quote: Mesa will be around long after GoJet folds. GoJet is always only a few missed lease payments away from not having planes.
True, but I also wonder if there isn't any IP stipulations in the contract for G7. They came up with the plan for mainline and sold them on the idea. While United owns the planes I'd be curious if there isn't language that says all 700>550 conversions have to go through G7 where they collect a fee for doing so. Or a similar contract clause that pilots wouldn't necessarily know about. After TSH canned almost everyone that supported their three 121s and after G7 canned everyone they could operate without conversions continued almost immediately in 2020. My buddy was canned in April at TSH and then went back as a G7 1099 auditing 700 airframe docs by June. Clearly, United has G7 figured into their calculus. That could explain why G7 survived in 2020 and has continued to do so; they're probably being underwritten somehow or they're being given a free pass on percentage of block completed, etc.
Quote: 0000 most senior, 9999 least senior.

Shouldn't affect much there's no bidding all newhires going to EWR.
How quickly can a new hire get to ORD?
Quote: How quickly can a new hire get to ORD?
Really looking for the answer to this too. Deciding factor on taking the job or not for me.
23  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37 
Page 33 of 40
Go to