ABX Air Latest

Subscribe
19  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  39 
Page 29 of 65
Go to
Someone was nice enough to send me an ATSG press release tonight. Looks like 2 of the 3 in-conversion 767-300 aircraft that CAM is set to lease to DHL in 2022 will be staying in the US and will be operated by ABX. So that's good news.

Also, the DHL CMI agreement with ABX is extended for 6 years to 2028, as are leases on several existing aircraft that CAM already leases to DHL for operation by ABX. I'm not clear on the math in the press release beyond that, but there's at least the possibility that this whole package is a net gain of 2 aircraft to be operated for DHL by ABX.
Quote: I'm not clear on the math in the press release beyond that, but there's at least the possibility that this whole package is a net gain of 2 aircraft to be operated for DHL by ABX.
Many of us weren't clear on the math. Someone in a position to know says those are the two we already knew about.
There’s a lot of speculations in the flight line (rumors) spreading fast, “ATSG is planning to merge ABX & ATI pilot group putting an end to the homebasing” been CVG the starting point schedule wise.
I haven’t heard nothing in concrete, is a matter of speculations and rumors; but you never know! It’s the ACMI world.
Quote: There’s a lot of speculations in the flight line (rumors) spreading fast, “ATSG is planning to merge ABX & ATI pilot group putting an end to the homebasing” been CVG the starting point schedule wise.
I haven’t heard nothing in concrete, is a matter of speculations and rumors; but you never know! It’s the ACMI world.
in an ABX pilot group of the past, sticking it to the ATI guys by getting rid of the home basing that they love was a wet dream. Now, with ati's pilot group significantly larger than abx's it's hard to see how that would happen. But who knows?
Quote: There’s a lot of speculations in the flight line (rumors) spreading fast, “ATSG is planning to merge ABX & ATI pilot group putting an end to the homebasing” been CVG the starting point schedule wise.
Uh huh. I see. And I suppose the name of that combined entity would be Air Transport Express. Am I right? Should I start calling you "Bubba"?

Such speculation has been flying around for years. And merging the two companies would not simply end home basing. There would be a (protracted) process of merging the two groups that would involve coming up with a joint CBA and it's unlikely, with ATI being the larger of the two groups, that they would vote to approve a CBA that doesn't include home basing.
Quote: in an ABX pilot group of the past, sticking it to the ATI guys by getting rid of the home basing that they love was a wet dream. Now, with ati's pilot group significantly larger than abx's it's hard to see how that would happen. But who knows?
ABX had never suggested getting rid of ATI's homebasing. ABX at one time suggested the ATI crews would grandfather in the homebasing if so desired. Quite making stuff up just to create drama.
Quote: ABX had never suggested getting rid of ATI's homebasing. ABX at one time suggested the ATI crews would grandfather in the homebasing if so desired. Quite making stuff up just to create drama.
You’re right nite, 1224 did not “suggest”. They said it was an absolute.

The suggested Grandfather “offer” only came much later.

But the well was poisoned beyond repair when 1224 threatened to “…scope you (ATI) out of existence. You’ll be a 4 plane Combi operation when it’s done.” when their demand that ATI support a “merger” was rebuffed. Why was the offer rebuffed you might ask? Because 1224 said Home Basing in its entirety had to go.
Quote: You’re right nite, 1224 did not “suggest”. They said it was an absolute.

The suggested Grandfather “offer” only came much later.

But the well was poisoned beyond repair when 1224 threatened to “…scope you (ATI) out of existence. You’ll be a 4 plane Combi operation when it’s done.” when their demand that ATI support a “merger” was rebuffed. Why was the offer rebuffed you might ask? Because 1224 said Home Basing in its entirety had to go.
Remove the sand from your orifice. Get a hobby outside of work and take a vacation. No one is threatening anything now.
Quote: Remove the sand from your orifice. Get a hobby outside of work and take a vacation. No one is threatening anything now.
Never said anyone was threatening anyone now.

But back then, the threat was made and I felt that the post nite made needed to be addressed.

And notice I didn’t have to resort to the level of crassness you displayed to answer your post.
Quote: Never said anyone was threatening anyone now.

But back then, the threat was made and I felt that the post nite made needed to be addressed.

And notice I didn’t have to resort to the level of crassness you displayed to answer your post.
sometimes crasstivity is needed to shine a guiding light.
19  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  39 
Page 29 of 65
Go to