Legacy Airline vs Fractional

Subscribe
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  24 
Page 14 of 26
Go to
Quote: I tend to agree. 7/7 seems perfect. I just wonder how accurate the netjets thread is of first year FO’s making 100k+ first year.

ACMI schedule is variable. Some 16-17 day blocks in a row, some week on, week off type lines.
It is accurate and perhaps a bit low. Depends on how backed up they are. NJA pilots on here have broken down their numbers showing $150K first year pay, but that was picking up all the extra days crew scheduling would give them. Might not be as easy now that quite a few pilots have been hired and are online. Don't forget to add the free and very good medical insurance benefit. You'll pay hundreds a month for that at most places. When my 3 years of medical leave ran out I went on Cobra and it was $821/month just for me.
Quote: I tend to agree. 7/7 seems perfect. I just wonder how accurate the netjets thread is of first year FO’s making 100k+ first year.

ACMI schedule is variable. Some 16-17 day blocks in a row, some week on, week off type lines.
For pay, $100k + first year is very realistic. A good chunk will go to 401k, considering the money above min guarantee will be FDP.
Wow so $120-$150k is actually doable first year at NJ? I’d assume you’d have to do the CC76 to hit it. Still a very attractive job regardless of schedule.
Quote: Wow so $120-$150k is actually doable first year at NJ? I’d assume you’d have to do the CC76 to hit it. Still a very attractive job regardless of schedule.
FDP pay of $148 per hour over 10 in a tour is the same for all pilots at NJA. Also while in training you are getting the 72 day schedule pay. It all adds up to over 100K for your first year unless things get weird.
Quote: If you had an offer from an ACMI and NJ, what is the best route to go? Income and schedule are the most important factors.
I'd say that single biggest factor is family now or planned. Pilot jobs eat marriages. I like the 7&7 a lot, but a week is still a long time to be away from a wife and/ or kids. A career at NetJets will require being gone 7 or 8+ days in a row for 95 or so percent of the pilots at least once or twice a month unless on vacation. I believe the ACMI jobs typically require being gone 16+ days in a row each month. That is even less conducive to a healthy marriage for the vast majority.
Quote: For pay, $100k + first year is very realistic. A good chunk will go to 401k, considering the money above min guarantee will be FDP.
Some of it yes, some of it will be standard overtime, holidays, and possible after midnight and extended days, which are paid in the standard fashion.
First year NetJets SIC here. Am on the 7/7, have done 6 extended days total. As of last pay cut-off, my income for the year is projected slightly over 150K. It’s very doable and I’m not trying particularly hard ….
Quote: First year NetJets SIC here. Am on the 7/7, have done 6 extended days total. As of last pay cut-off, my income for the year is projected slightly over 150K. It’s very doable and I’m not trying particularly hard ….
Which fleet are you on? I’m going into the Sovereign and I’m not as optimistic when it comes to FDP
You guys are nuts to think thats a good schedule. 7 days away? Forget about it

4 yr legacy FO, 250k per year, not working anywhere near what you all are

no weekends, no holidays.
Quote: Which fleet are you on? I’m going into the Sovereign and I’m not as optimistic when it comes to FDP
CL350. I haven’t compared notes with my friends on the Sovereign but would be surprised if they weren’t still north of $130K.
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  24 
Page 14 of 26
Go to