New Contract Realistic Timeline

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 12
Go to
Quote: I think a contract comes as soon as late ‘23.
I don’t believe the contract is amenable until 2024.
Is it possible that out of need they'll raise pay first and negotiate the contract for however long it takes? Or does one thing not happen without the other? Not saying that's an ideal option but it's an option.

Just seems like raising pay will be necessary very soon based on what is happening at Allegiant & Spirit attrition wise.
Quote: Is it possible that out of need they'll raise pay first and negotiate the contract for however long it takes? Or does one thing not happen without the other? Not saying that's an ideal option but it's an option.

Just seems like raising pay will be necessary very soon based on what is happening at Allegiant & Spirit attrition wise.
TAs for pay rates are pretty common, but I’m not sure if that’s something our union leadership would be interested in.
Quote: TAs for pay rates are pretty common, but I’m not sure if that’s something our union leadership would be interested in.
Right. I don't think the union will allow the company to do anything without resolving the grievances.
Quote: TAs for pay rates are pretty common, but I’m not sure if that’s something our union leadership would be interested in.
Not to mention the company hasn't even approached the union about the pay rates.
I think it will be pretty quick.... probably mid 2024. The company knows they cant grow how they want with the current situation. So I am hopeful, but we will see.
I find it funny all these new pilots saying "It'll be quick" who weren't even here for the last round of negotiations...

Buckle up buckaroos!
Quote: First of all, you scored big time. You really don't know how lucky you are. I made 14k a year flying 8 legs a day in a noisy ass turboprop. And i had to do that for 5 years to get hired at Frontier. And when I got hired at Frontier I only made $37/ hour. I was here 5 years making $88/ hour when this contract passed (10 years of being an airline pilot before I broke 100k)

Today, you'll start at $90/ hour, paid hotels, 15% automatic retirement contributions.... lucky duck! Im genuinely very happy for you, as this career desperately needed to get better. It has, and you a huge beneficiary of that.

This thread will lead to a bunch of grumpy ass guys that are masters of finding things to complain about. And that's a good thing too because that leads to improvements over time.

As for a new contract, my guess: 3 years.

Welcome and congratulations! Bust your ass in training and be the best pilot you can be.
I disagree with all of this. These days you’re honestly better going to a decent regional with a flow through to a legacy. You’ll make more money and not have to worry about the management at frontier section 19ing you for getting Covid and hurting your career. Frontier is the also the only major left without AQP in initial training. It’ll be years before they get a new contract and will always be subpar.
Quote: I disagree with all of this. These days you’re honestly better going to a decent regional with a flow through to a legacy. You’ll make more money and not have to worry about the management at frontier section 19ing you for getting Covid and hurting your career. Frontier is the also the only major left without AQP in initial training. It’ll be years before they get a new contract and will always be subpar.
Regionals do s^ck but AQP is light years better at improving the skills of a pilot group as a whole rather than basically making us jump through a bunch of standard hoops and over hurdles in the sim like we were dogs competing for best in show. In AQP the focus is on learning, not testing. A failure is a big deal to someone moving on with their career and it's nice to go into AQP knowing you are not facing a pink slip. I do miss that, it's way more chill and a far better learning environment.
Quote: Regionals do s^ck but AQP is light years better at improving the skills of a pilot group as a whole rather than basically making us jump through a bunch of standard hoops and over hurdles in the sim like we were dogs competing for best in show. In AQP the focus is on learning, not testing. A failure is a big deal to someone moving on with their career and it's nice to go into AQP knowing you are not facing a pink slip. I do miss that, it's way more chill and a far better learning environment.
I’m not sure regionals s^ck as bad as you think these days. Basically a rapid upgrade to captain and check airman pay higher than any major with better training than frontier sounds like a good deal to me, then add in the signing bonuses and I would stay far away from a craphole like frontier. I don’t know who would come to a place like frontier right now except for the atp and Purdue kids they lure in or sub par folks with multiple DUIs or failures. Frontier is a joke and anyone with any kind of self worth should stay far away from this place. But wait they will give you a 35k “bonus” that you have to sign a promissory note for and pay interest on lol. Anyone with a brain should see this for what is is, a way of trapping you here for 3 years when you have much better career options. I flew with plenty of cool people at frontier but there were also more absolute weirdos than any other place I’ve been as well. The pathological liar who has a whole thread on this website dedicated to him and tried to pull someone over at gunpoint when he was an FFDO a few years back ended up at frontier if that tells you something. Federal government says he’s not trusted to carry a gun any longer but he flies airplanes at frontier now. I honestly would not recommend this place to anyone with a future.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 12
Go to