Comair updates?

Subscribe
693  1193  1593  1643  1683  1689  1690  1691  1692  1693  1694  1695  1696  1697  1703  1743  1793  2193 
Page 1693 of 2260
Go to
bypass
What about bypass rights for involuntary? Some of us have taken jobs requiring contracts. I've mentioned this to our union on several occasions and little has been said or clarified on the issue. I signed a contract with an employer after Comair furloughed me. If I can't say "how high" when Comair says jump, do I get fired? I've got eight months left on my current contract. Comair furloughed me forcing me to take employment elsewhere. Now Comair recalls me but I can't go because I signed a contract to put food on my table, now Comair terminates me because I can't return immediately. Might get interesting. Wonder what the legal ramifications could be...
Just so people understand...

If you are an INVOLUNTARY furlough, you cannot bypass!

If you are a VOLUNTARY furlough, you can bypass up to 1 year!
Quote: what is your DOH?
6/16/08...and you?
Quote: By my calculations, this 22 will leave 297 on furlough. Only about 260 more to get to me.

"So you're saying there's a chance...wooohh!!"
Ha, we have a long way to go! I hope our entire class comes back, including the guy who invented the "rubber band" and i also hear he invented "salsa" ... awesome...
Quote: What about bypass rights for involuntary? Some of us have taken jobs requiring contracts. I've mentioned this to our union on several occasions and little has been said or clarified on the issue. I signed a contract with an employer after Comair furloughed me. If I can't say "how high" when Comair says jump, do I get fired? I've got eight months left on my current contract. Comair furloughed me forcing me to take employment elsewhere. Now Comair recalls me but I can't go because I signed a contract to put food on my table, now Comair terminates me because I can't return immediately. Might get interesting. Wonder what the legal ramifications could be...

Legal ramifications?

You're joking right?

You have as good of a chance of winning a lawsuit because you bypass and are terminated as I do of ever getting recalled.
Quote: 6/16/08...and you?
2/24/08. you were in that last class ya?
I'm serious! I'm an airline pilot. My pay, QOL of life etc is affected by seniority. I was laid off and found a job which I had to sign a contract to achieve. Now Comair calls me back and I have to break a contract to go to Comair. What? Was I not supposed to work and just wait for Comair to hopefully recall me? Now they say they need me and I say wait 8 months. I asked for a voluntary before an involuntary but the JFK chief at the time says no, that cost me one job. Now come back and break a contract or don't come back and get fired thus possibly costing me 35 years of pay at the profession I have chosen. Comair laid me off and now they might fire me because I won't break a contract. I'd be really interested to see how the left wing state of NY and a sneaky Manhattan law firm would handle this. I'm not sure what the laws are but it sounds like I/we might have a case. I'll start sniffing around the issue as I'm really interested in if the law is on our side on this. Remember when the company tried to take our pilot shop balance out of our paycheck? Someone in the KY gov. got that straightened out right quick. Too bad our management is so mean spirited as to deliberately try and screw us. Way to motivate the team guys. And hey ALPA, a little help here...I've already written you guys once on this last year, no response. The only person that even speaks to us furloughed guys is Perrizo. BTW, thanks for everything you've done for us Mike, all of us appreciate your help. Seriously, man. Thanks.
Quote: I'm serious! I'm an airline pilot. My pay, QOL of life etc is affected by seniority. I was laid off and found a job which I had to sign a contract to achieve. Now Comair calls me back and I have to break a contract to go to Comair. What? Was I not supposed to work and just wait for Comair to hopefully recall me? Now they say they need me and I say wait 8 months. I asked for a voluntary before an involuntary but the JFK chief at the time says no, that cost me one job. Now come back and break a contract or don't come back and get fired thus possibly costing me 35 years of pay at the profession I have chosen. Comair laid me off and now they might fire me because I won't break a contract. I'd be really interested to see how the left wing state of NY and a sneaky Manhattan law firm would handle this. I'm not sure what the laws are but it sounds like I/we might have a case. I'll start sniffing around the issue as I'm really interested in if the law is on our side on this. Remember when the company tried to take our pilot shop balance out of our paycheck? Someone in the KY gov. got that straightened out right quick. Too bad our management is so mean spirited as to deliberately try and screw us. Way to motivate the team guys. And hey ALPA, a little help here...I've already written you guys once on this last year, no response. The only person that even speaks to us furloughed guys is Perrizo. BTW, thanks for everything you've done for us Mike, all of us appreciate your help. Seriously, man. Thanks.
Sorry about your dilemma, but I think you have zero recourse.

Comair didn't force you to sign a contract with a new company, that was your choice.
Quote: I'm serious! I'm an airline pilot. My pay, QOL of life etc is affected by seniority. I was laid off and found a job which I had to sign a contract to achieve. Now Comair calls me back and I have to break a contract to go to Comair. What? Was I not supposed to work and just wait for Comair to hopefully recall me? Now they say they need me and I say wait 8 months. I asked for a voluntary before an involuntary but the JFK chief at the time says no, that cost me one job. Now come back and break a contract or don't come back and get fired thus possibly costing me 35 years of pay at the profession I have chosen. Comair laid me off and now they might fire me because I won't break a contract. I'd be really interested to see how the left wing state of NY and a sneaky Manhattan law firm would handle this. I'm not sure what the laws are but it sounds like I/we might have a case. I'll start sniffing around the issue as I'm really interested in if the law is on our side on this. Remember when the company tried to take our pilot shop balance out of our paycheck? Someone in the KY gov. got that straightened out right quick. Too bad our management is so mean spirited as to deliberately try and screw us. Way to motivate the team guys. And hey ALPA, a little help here...I've already written you guys once on this last year, no response. The only person that even speaks to us furloughed guys is Perrizo. BTW, thanks for everything you've done for us Mike, all of us appreciate your help. Seriously, man. Thanks.
Sorry to hear that
How far down the furlough list are you?

4Runner, let me give my piece of mind.
First of all, I'm reluctant to give "legal" advice to anyone who's only had 3 posts in here. Please don't take it personally.
Second, the furlough section in the contract is very specific.
Third and last, anything -again anything- is this country is debatable, litigable, and never set on stone, specially if you have on your side the "left wing state of NY and a sneaky Manhattan law firm". Just remember this, Comair/Delta can afford a much, much "sneakier Manhattan law firm" than you ever will.
Hope this helps and have a good day.
693  1193  1593  1643  1683  1689  1690  1691  1692  1693  1694  1695  1696  1697  1703  1743  1793  2193 
Page 1693 of 2260
Go to