Comair updates?

Subscribe
1129  1629  2029  2079  2119  2125  2126  2127  2128  2129  2130  2131  2132  2133  2139  2179  2229 
Page 2129 of 2260
Go to
Quote: Yep. Not the same Gulfstream in any way. I hope the new tag line is Hi Yo Silver - LOL!
What's the starting pay and benefits? And if it's like the old Gulfstream starting at $18/hr, might as well keep it to yourself then.
Quote: What's the starting pay and benefits? And if it's like the old Gulfstream starting at $18/hr, might as well keep it to yourself then.
19.00 hr, plus 1.65 per diem benefits are very competitive almost like we had at Comair. Medical, Dental, Benefits, 401k. Plenty of flying available with overtime premium. Some guys have brought in over $1000.00 in that alone. Most likely will get the Beech, but if you have over 1500 hrs plus ATP written done you can bid Captain going in then upgrade. Since I was furloughed from Comair my job search was fruitless. I had my reservations going in, but they quickly evaporated. Gulfstream is no longer owned by Cooper, but this investment firm called VPAA -Victory Park Capital. Changes I have seen so far have been positive. Spoilers, always glad to hear from you.
Quote: You all may want to check out Silver Airways. I'm there - fast upgrades, really good company, expansion all over the place. We fly as Continental Connection soon to be United Express. Just an option and hope you all do well in the future. Well, back to studying.
I still haven't figured out why anyone who is making $40-$45k a year at OH would go to a job making $20k a year, even if furloughed. Is flying really worth that? Heck, a 40 hour a week job, at $10.40 an hour is the same as that, and you're home each night.

(I know we all did it at the beginning, in order to get into the airlines, but ya gotta wonder about your priorities if after 5 years and getting furloughed, if it's worth it at all to go backward)
Quote: I still haven't figured out why anyone who is making $40-$45k a year at OH would go to a job making $20k a year, even if furloughed. Is flying really worth that? Heck, a 40 hour a week job, at $10.40 an hour is the same as that, and you're home each night.

(I know we all did it at the beginning, in order to get into the airlines, but ya gotta wonder about your priorities if after 5 years and getting furloughed, if it's worth it at all to go backward)
I do like the pink engines though! I think the tail should be the same
(Truly I do like the paint scheme)
Quote: I still haven't figured out why anyone who is making $40-$45k a year at OH would go to a job making $20k a year, even if furloughed. Is flying really worth that? Heck, a 40 hour a week job, at $10.40 an hour is the same as that, and you're home each night.

Pretty sure he was there less than a year.
Quote: Pretty sure he was there less than a year.
But was giving the info for anyone interested. I think the junior Comair guy is at least 5 years now.
I understand what he is saying. I was at Comair 2 years and was furloughed January '09. I took a crummy job that paid less than my unemployment. But it kept me current until I could find a job at a better place. Now I'm in the pool at jetBlue. Is jetBlue the best airline out there? Not necessarily but I'm happy and I'll be based at home. Had I done what all my friends did and stayed on unemployment I'd be getting furloughed again. I wish you guys the best, I really do, but I understand what auto is saying.
It's the 2nd, 2012 is here. Anyone hear the big news? FailBlazer?

I can't wait to find out if the latest kick will be in the teeth or right in the Jimmys.
Quote: It's the 2nd, 2012 is here. Anyone hear the big news? FailBlazer?

I can't wait to find out if the latest kick will be in the teeth or right in the Jimmys.
It doesn't matter, the world is ending this year anyway.
I thought the early out said 5 years of yield fare travel for you and travel pass riders. It looks like they got rid of everyone but me.
1129  1629  2029  2079  2119  2125  2126  2127  2128  2129  2130  2131  2132  2133  2139  2179  2229 
Page 2129 of 2260
Go to